New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oi, i was searching the net on this one, but to no avail, do you think wd40 is safe on our paint?

i mean, spraying it on the body and wheel wells before trailing??? to prevent too much mud from sticking and stains from forming, then car wash after. i saw a video of a truck challenge and they used wd40 for the same reason. thanks for the help!!! ingat tayo sa maarat, sana ok na cla afrasay..
    Last edited by co_drums_ol; June 6th, 2004 at 02:04 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ito inadvice ng mga guys from suzuki 4x4 club of the philippines and 199 off road house..although i dont think its for the reasons to avoid stains and mud sticking...
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ty caloy.. nakakahinayang lang kasi sa paint, baka sakaling makatulong, kasi dun sa mt maarat nagkaroon ng staing yung paint ko eh, now medyo di na shiny tlga. ty pare. =)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pare un mga gasgas panu mo tinatanggal?... dame sakin after ko galing dyan.hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    odell,
    yung mga superficial lang nakakaya pa sa detailing, tpos ilang beses na waxing lang, dun ko na din pinapagawa sa paint shop ko para professional and meguiars ang gamit. ok tlga yung brand na yun. tested!! yung mga mantsa, mga ilang balikan din.. irap tanggalin yun eh.. sana ma ayos mo..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    basta un mejo hidne na halata pinababayaan ko na... grabe ang hirap pala kahit ang saya.hahaha

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wd40 is safe on cured paint but should never be sprayed and allowed to dry on the surface, the xylene content of wd40 will cause clearcoats to crack in a microscopic level. in addition, staining will occur if the paint reacts differently to the wd40 lubricant.

if you're concerned with mudslings and stuff, using a spray oil like PAM or something will work just fine... Even baby oil works if you apply it thin enough, just wash it with a strong soap after and rewax the surface.

WD40 on PAINT???