New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zinggoy View Post
    either they rip you off with the materials or quality....take your pick :dunno:
    kabayan, if you put it that way, i guess its safer to assume that "they ripped you off with the materials AND quality"...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ^^^ There you go, ipinaliwanag na ulit ni zinggoy in detail. Take it from the expert and matagal na sa linyang pagpipintura.

And believe me, yung so-so painter * Php7K ay so-so lang talaga ang quality ng work.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung sa bahay mo ipagagawa, minsan makukuha talaga ng mababa. Kasi sayo na ang kuryente, lugar, pagkain ng gumagawa, etc. Pati nga compressor at spray gun sa amin din.

Kung hindi naman pang-show car or anything yung sasakyan (pang-service lang, runabout) ganun lang namin pinapapinta. Kaso kung confined yung lugar niyo, the fumes are hazardous and there's always the risk of fire among other possible disasters.

Sa probinsya ok lang. The pigs and the cows don't seem to mind.

Pero kung kaya mo naman ipagawa sa reputable (not necessarily high end) na shop, eh ipasok mo na.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    kaninang umaga bago pumasok at ngayong hapon after school, dumaan ulit ako don sa shop. naka primer parin.

kaninang umaga kc kinukuskusan nila ng liha with water tatlong tao yung gumagawa. kanina hapon tapos na pauwi na kc mga employee nila. wala daw pasok bukas -pacquao holiday hehehehe.
    manipis na manipis lang ba dapat primer, kasi me mga kanto areas na after lihain parang expose ulit yung whitish/silverish color.

nakita ko na din yung isang malaking lata ng basecoat - nakasulat naman don basecoat anzhal, naka box sya sa loob isang malaking lata at 2 or taltong very small latas. - may tell tale signs ba kung fake yun? panu ko ba malalaman? (balak mag imbestiga/espiya) hehehe)

ang primer nga pala don lang sa labas, sabi nung pintor don lang daw talaga sa labas kc don me inayos (i guess yung inayos na tinutukoy nya ay yung minasilyahan). yung interior di na nya lalagyan ng primer

blow by blow account ng washover hehehehe

comment lang mga chiefs sa process.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zinggoy View Post
    cge, let me humor you and do the math.... just for arguments sake hehehe

lets just say a car will consume about 1 gallon or 4 liters of paint. so for anzahl thats 1600 plus you need about 4 cans of catalyst for that, so thats 150 x 4 = 600. clear coat, you will consume also about 4 liters, so thats (lets take the cheapest) 365 x 4 = 1460. Primer, you will need about 3 liters, so thats 295 x 3 = 885. thinner, you need about roughly around 3 gallons, so thats 400 x 3 = 1200. if my addition is correct, my total cost for paint materials is 5745.

but thats just paint materials alone. wala pa dyan yung ibang miscellaneous materials like body filler, masking tape, sand papers, rubbing compounds, basahan, strainer, and labor. allow me to put price to that.....
    body filler, you need about 2 gallons, 500 per gal x 2 = 1000,
    masking tape, you need about 15 rolls, 18 per roll x 15 = 270,
    sand papers (grits 120, 240, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000) let say you need about 10 pcs of each at 8 per pc, 8 grits x 10 pcs x 8 per pc = 640, rubbing compound (3M), you need about 1 qrt = 650,
    basahan, you need about 2 kilos, 2 x 60 per kilo = 120.
    strianer (colad), you need about 4 pcs at 10 each = 40
    Labor, average so so labor is around 6 to 8 k per car, lets put at 7000

now your total cost is 5745 (labor) + 1000 (body filler) + 270 (masking tape) + 640 (sand papers) + 650 (rubbing compound) + 120 (basahan) + 40 (strainer) + 7000 for labor = 15465

but this cost does not include cost for rent and electricity, depreciation of equipment like spray guns, buffing machine, compressor etc., other miscellaneous operating expenses and most important of all, to survive, profit (ey just like you we have bills to pay and mouths to feed).

so at 15k for a washover.....hmmmm kaya pero sa bahay-bahay lang gagawin
    but for a legitimate shop......i would think twice if they offfer an all anzahl package for just 15k

what more kung may totong oven pa

either they rip you off with the materials or quality....take your pick :dunno:
    Sir Zinggoy the reason why i stated the price of materials per liter and per gallon is because i just want to put it in proper perspective the per gallon price of anzahl Paint which was put by Kikkomann at around Php4 to 6k per gallon.

Insted of explaining the breakdown of the costing he stated, he just dismiss it as fake product which i already did not react violently kahit alam kung hindi. Yung mga nakakaalam talaga ng price ng anzahl and even other paint product, alam nyo ang tunay na price nito. I just cannot fathom the fact of giving possible erroneous data to other tsikot members who does not have the benefit of knowing whats the real cost.

For 15k honest to goodness paint job, I still believe its possible because i was able to get one. I even haggle it for 12k for the 2nd car. hindi oven bake yun and most of shops here claim na meron oven bake, pero its a makeshift oven bake from 40footer container vans.... Even me was puzzled how he do it until i asked my relative in province who has a body and repair shop in if its possible..

I am claiming that for a 15k, possible pa rin kc i was able to get one..pero sympre di kapulido tulad ng gawa nyo....ika nga ... you get what you pay for..but then for an anzahl or other urethane paint kahit novice painter(for argument sake only) the quality of urethane will still be higher than an acrylic paint done by regular painter that's why sumugal ako and ok naman kinalabasan.. for 30k i was able to hilamos 2 cars.. not bad for me.

Just my two cents and peace man.

gawa ng 15k hilamos..

for those who wants to see the general process of painting a car visit this site... http://www.centurychemicals.com/ which is the maker of anzahl paint

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    galing naman. kintab!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by deathlance View Post
    panung expired na ung sa wetlook? btw sabi nila magaling daw tlga sa wetlook endorse nila lagi eh, hehe pero havent eperienced it yet, i hope maganda nga, bakit pla 25k wet look sa iba 15k, is there a special treatment sa paint, service? baka malufet ang pag wash over any infos peepz? curious lang me.. balak ko din kasi dun pa hilamos..
    Hi, think i have to answer your questions, bali tatlo po ksi klase ng pagpapakulay sa CAR...

ads deleted by jedi

image deleted
    Last edited by jedi; December 7th, 2006 at 11:07 AM. Reason: ad posting not allowed

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    please avoid posting ads.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa mga forum posters... please avoid posting ads. or else we will close this thread.... kung gusto po ninyo na makilala ang company or services nyo dito sa tsikot, maginquire po kayo for ad placement, di po pwede magspam sa forums. We also have advertisers at nakakahiya sa kanila... We will give the same protection sa inyo just in case....

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    update ko lang to.
    tapos na po washover. antgal nga matapos e. nearly 2 months.
    as promised will post pix but dont know how

panu po ba?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
washover questions and others..