New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    up ko lang para ke sir kikko.

tanong na din.

yung parang very light greenish na pintura, primer o basecoat?
    pag di strip to metal kelangan pa ba primer or derecho na basecoat?

malapit na matapos hehehehe (excited)

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men View Post
    up ko lang para ke sir kikko.

tanong na din.

yung parang very light greenish na pintura, primer o basecoat?
    pag di strip to metal kelangan pa ba primer or derecho na basecoat?

malapit na matapos hehehehe (excited)
    yung light greenish na pintura is the primer! i believe thats an anzhal surfacer primer. it's still beter if you apply primer on the whole car especially for aged paints. it will promote better adhesion on the basecoat and it will serve as a sealer. though it is a must to seal the panels with body fillers with a good primer

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by katsudon_ph View Post
    Actually sir a friend of mine who has a paint shop the cost of anzahl per galon is P1600
    catalyst coat P 150 per can
    thinner P400 per gallon
    top coat (regular) - P 365+ per liter, top coat carshow P480+
    primer (green sealer) with catalyst 295

One car usually uubos ng 3liters only for urethane kc makapit ang pintura so all in all konti lang difference sa acrylic paint. so possible ang anzahl washover for 15k un nga lang baka d sya totoong oven bake. pero kahit na ung expensive paint job like saclifford supposedly oven bake finish pero d naman talaga totoong oven bake equipment gamit nila.
    Php1600.00 for Anzahl is cheap. Extremely cheap. Same for all the prices you mentioned for each and every chemical. Most probably you are referring sa prices ng fake/rebadged paints. Napakarami na po nito ngayon dito sa atin.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann View Post
    Php1600.00 for Anzahl is cheap. Extremely cheap. Same for all the prices you mentioned for each and every chemical. Most probably you are referring sa prices ng fake/rebadged paints. Napakarami na po nito ngayon dito sa atin.
    Sir,

maybe nga fake pero his paint center is one of the biggest(8 branches) in manila and he is distributor of dupont and duxone paint so I doubt it kung fake sya. bdw i am referring to metallic color, iba naman prices pag yung mga special color effect perla or others.

If you doubt me, PM me and ill be happy to give you the contact info. Also just to share you.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Tnx for the info.

tinupad naman pala nila sabi nila na straight anzhal daw gagawin nila. di ko lang natanong kung pinatungan ba nila ng primer di ko naabutan na e. ang naabutan ko lang yung light greenish na.

babalik ako ulit bukas. excited hehehe

anong kulay ba dapat yung primer?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir,

maybe nga fake pero his paint center is one of the biggest(8 branches) in manila and he is distributor of dupont and duxone paint so I doubt it kung fake sya. bdw i am referring to metallic color, iba naman prices pag yung mga special color effect perla or others.

If you doubt me, PM me and ill be happy to give you the contact info. Also just to share you.

^^^ Exactly what the patrons of Golden Hammer Hardware in Bulacan (San Rafael, Malolos and Bocaue branches, IIRC) when their local shop was raided for selling fake Yale padlocks (part din ata sila ng nationwide distribution eh). Tagal na rin nung business nila at walang nag-akala na ganun ang mangyayari.

Anyways, ano ba name nung shop nila?

Tnx for the info.

tinupad naman pala nila sabi nila na straight anzhal daw gagawin nila. di ko lang natanong kung pinatungan ba nila ng primer di ko naabutan na e. ang naabutan ko lang yung light greenish na.

babalik ako ulit bukas. excited hehehe

anong kulay ba dapat yung primer?
    Anzahl primer yung parang light yellow-green.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    same color po ba yong primer at basecoat?

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    same color po ba yong primer at basecoat?
    no, the primer has a very specific color for each brand. in the case of anzhal surfacer primer, its light yellow-green. basecoat on the other hand is your preferred color. so it should not match the color of the primer unless the color that you chose is light yellow-green

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Actually sir a friend of mine who has a paint shop the cost of anzahl per galon is P1600
    thinner P400 per gallon

One car usually uubos ng 3liters only for urethane kc makapit ang pintura so all in all konti lang difference sa acrylic paint. so possible ang anzahl washover for 15k un nga lang baka d sya totoong oven bake. pero kahit na ung expensive paint job like saclifford supposedly oven bake finish pero d naman talaga totoong oven bake equipment gamit nila.
    cge, let me humor you and do the math.... just for arguments sake hehehe

lets just say a car will consume about 1 gallon or 4 liters of paint. so for anzahl thats 1600 plus you need about 4 cans of catalyst for that, so thats 150 x 4 = 600. clear coat, you will consume also about 4 liters, so thats (lets take the cheapest) 365 x 4 = 1460. Primer, you will need about 3 liters, so thats 295 x 3 = 885. thinner, you need about roughly around 3 gallons, so thats 400 x 3 = 1200. if my addition is correct, my total cost for paint materials is 5745.

but thats just paint materials alone. wala pa dyan yung ibang miscellaneous materials like body filler, masking tape, sand papers, rubbing compounds, basahan, strainer, and labor. allow me to put price to that.....
    body filler, you need about 2 gallons, 500 per gal x 2 = 1000,
    masking tape, you need about 15 rolls, 18 per roll x 15 = 270,
    sand papers (grits 120, 240, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000) let say you need about 10 pcs of each at 8 per pc, 8 grits x 10 pcs x 8 per pc = 640, rubbing compound (3M), you need about 1 qrt = 650,
    basahan, you need about 2 kilos, 2 x 60 per kilo = 120.
    strianer (colad), you need about 4 pcs at 10 each = 40
    Labor, average so so labor is around 6 to 8 k per car, lets put at 7000

now your total cost is 5745 (labor) + 1000 (body filler) + 270 (masking tape) + 640 (sand papers) + 650 (rubbing compound) + 120 (basahan) + 40 (strainer) + 7000 for labor = 15465

but this cost does not include cost for rent and electricity, depreciation of equipment like spray guns, buffing machine, compressor etc., other miscellaneous operating expenses and most important of all, to survive, profit (ey just like you we have bills to pay and mouths to feed).

so at 15k for a washover.....hmmmm kaya pero sa bahay-bahay lang gagawin
    but for a legitimate shop......i would think twice if they offfer an all anzahl package for just 15k

what more kung may totong oven pa

either they rip you off with the materials or quality....take your pick :dunno:

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    thinner P400 per gallon

cge, let me humor you and do the math.... just for arguments sake hehehe

lets just say a car will consume about 1 gallon or 4 liters of paint. so for anzahl thats 1600 plus you need about 4 cans of catalyst for that, so thats 150 x 4 = 600. clear coat, you will consume also about 4 liters, so thats (lets take the cheapest) 365 x 4 = 1460. Primer, you will need about 3 liters, so thats 295 x 3 = 885. thinner, you need about roughly around 3 gallons, so thats 400 x 3 = 1200. if my addition is correct, my total cost for paint materials is 5745.

but thats just paint materials alone. wala pa dyan yung ibang miscellaneous materials like body filler, masking tape, sand papers, rubbing compounds, basahan, strainer, and labor. allow me to put price to that.....
    body filler, you need about 2 gallons, 500 per gal x 2 = 1000,
    masking tape, you need about 15 rolls, 18 per roll x 15 = 270,
    sand papers (grits 120, 240, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000) let say you need about 10 pcs of each at 8 per pc, 8 grits x 10 pcs x 8 per pc = 640, rubbing compound (3M), you need about 1 qrt = 650,
    basahan, you need about 2 kilos, 2 x 60 per kilo = 120.
    strianer (colad), you need about 4 pcs at 10 each = 40
    Labor, average so so labor is around 6 to 8 k per car, lets put at 7000

now your total cost is 5745 (labor) + 1000 (body filler) + 270 (masking tape) + 640 (sand papers) + 650 (rubbing compound) + 120 (basahan) + 40 (strainer) + 7000 for labor = 15465

but this cost does not include cost for rent and electricity, depreciation of equipment like spray guns, buffing machine, compressor etc., other miscellaneous operating expenses and most important of all, to survive, profit (ey just like you we have bills to pay and mouths to feed).

so at 15k for a washover.....hmmmm kaya pero sa bahay-bahay lang gagawin
    but for a legitimate shop......i would think twice if they offfer an all anzahl package for just 15k

what more kung may totong oven pa

either they rip you off with the materials or quality....take your pick :dunno:

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
washover questions and others..