New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ace,

I top out at 140 kph in the Besta. Sa MB100, 130 kph pa lang ang nagawa ko.

I usually cruise at 120 kph but other factors such as road conditions, fatigue, etc. usually dictate how fast I can safely go.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We're in the market for a car or van and if we get a van, Hiace yung kukunin. The front impact issue is also the one that keeps me thinking. We've owned vans before and we travel around a lot, usually yung mga nakikita namin na head-on are those that overtake na "alanganin". One important factor is that you know the car, it's power and limits talaga.

It could also work to your advantage since that if you know ikaw yung dehado pag dating sa accidents, you'll take it easier on the road. One thing i've noticed kasi is when you know you're in a big and powerful car, one can have the tendency to push harder talaga. It gives you a false sense of safety IMO.

If you remember the F150 incident of Vandolph, kahit F150 yung ride niya, with it's power and huge front crumple area... most of us know the stotry right?

The new Nissan Urvan Estate already has a front crumple zone BTW.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    right on vinj!.... kung baga, van dala mo.. family vehicle... drive it like one!.. walang hataw hataw!... jusme!... although i did top at 130KPH sa besta namin.. but thats about it.. i usually drive it at 80kph and at that speed.. medyo maalon na rin yung sasakyan...

all the safety features of a vehicle are useless... kung mismong driver eh nde marunong magingat..... yun lang po....

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HBOY

all the safety features of a vehicle are useless... kung mismong driver eh nde marunong magingat
    TAMA!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    ace,

I top out at 140 kph in the Besta. Sa MB100, 130 kph pa lang ang nagawa ko.

I usually cruise at 120 kph but other factors such as road conditions, fatigue, etc. usually dictate how fast I can safely go.
    120 kph cruising speed?? hanef talga si master otep :D mabilis ka pala talaga di lang sa chicks pati sa driving :lol: :lol:

racing speed ko na yan e. ang cruising speed ko around 80-90 lang, yun parang papetek petek lang ang maneho. ano kaya ang racing speed mo master otep? 180-200kph? warp-speed na yun ! :shock:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT na rin: kailangang mabilis dahil patapos na ang taon, at malapit ang ang valentines day. mahirap nakung ala ka-date. :lol:

agree that everybody needs to do an extra care and precautions when driving, not only on vans, but any other form of cars. ang problema, marami jang mga drivers ang bahala na, 'yon bang gusto nilang i-challenge ang luck nila lalo na sa mga blind curves. siguro pag ako naka-witness ng accident, because of somebody na barumbado sa daan, ang gagawin ko baba ako sa ride ko at pagagalitan ko pa 'yong nag cause ng accident.
    :cry:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rsnald,

Hindi pa ata ako nagkaroon ng sasakyan na lumampas ng 150 kph. Although nakahiram ako ng SiR at pinatakbo ko ng 160 kph++ sa Mindanao Ave. (I was a bad boy then).

Contrary to popular belief, mabagal din ako sa chicks. Ang lamig ng pasko ko and I'm expecting valentine's to be just as cold.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Contrary to popular belief, mabagal din ako sa chicks. Ang lamig ng pasko ko and I'm expecting valentine's to be just as cold.
    Contrary to popular belief pala ha? (pa-humble effect hehehe)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid,

4D56 ako pagdating sa chicks. Wala pa yatang turbo at intercooler. :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    How about Kia Pregio? Did anybody has any experience on driving one?

Sa head on collision matibay din kaya ito? I think medyo may "hood" siya ng kaunti compare to Besta.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
van safety