New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tanong ko lang po mga bossing, yun po bang mga stock from the factory na turbo like sa mga pajero eh gumagamit pa ng turbo timer?

kasi diba kung sa car kailangan gumamit to cool the turbo down after using the car...para nde masira...ang mga pajero ba or other SUV na may turbo?

if nde na....mas madali bang mag wear ang turbo? if not y?

sensya na curious lang talaga :roll:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala pong nag-oofer ng OEM turbo timer among locally available turbocharged SUV's.

Hindi din naman ganoon kalaki ang stresses since mababa ang lang ang turbo pressure on most OEM applications. A good two-minute cooldown would usually suffice. Pero kung may budget, a TT is not a bad investment.

Hindi lang po turbo ang magwe-wear kung improperly cooled-down. Madedegrade kasi ang engine oil kung sobrang init. Mawawala ang mga basic lubricating properties nito so buong engine kawawa.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Correct!!! kaya to be safe always cool down for 5-10 minutesCorrect!!! kaya to be safe always cool down for 5-10 minutes

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala pong turbo timer sa pajero, but i observe the two minute cooldown period. This is to make sure that the temp of the turbo bearing(the oil) would equalize that of the engine.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tnx for the reply

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how do you perform "cool down"?:?:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kalog,

Just let the engine idle with all the accessories off. Tapos sing a song or fix your things while waiting.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kalogski::

if you really want to cool down... do as sir Otep advised.... kaya lang you have to sing an R&B song to "chill" ika nga :mrgreen:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or tulad ko hinahanap ko ang susi ng bahay sa flooring ng kotse kasi for sure kinalikot na naman ng anak ko.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Curious lang po, kung mga 5-10 km lang ang tinakbo, do I still need to cool down the turbo?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Turbo question