New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fluid in the intercooler hose is not a sure sign of turbo failure. It is only a symptom that must be supported by other findings/symptoms. Try driving a similar vehicle to compare if there is indeed a loss of power before spending tons of cash on a repair you may not actually need.

Without the turbo, your engine will only be making between 72-80 bhp as opposed to 99 bhp.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    san po pwde magpa repair ng turbo? and magkano kaya cost?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies and advices. Just an update, I noticed last night that my space gear's turbo charger kicked-in, as in its like back to normal. The only thing I did to the engine was changing the v-belt that runs the alternator, coz nag twist na yung belt. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or it was the real reason for not kicking-in.

Could it be that becoz of the twisted belt, nagkaron ng loss of power kaya hindi nag kick yun turbo charger for the last 2 weeks? Does anyone has an answer to this mystery? lol

Now, the next thing to do is to get this turbo timer. Can it be easily installed? Can I install it by myself? if yes, is there anyone who has a workshop manual in installing a turbo timer?

Thanks again guys!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kasama sa turbo timer ang installation wiring nito, you usually tap it sa ignition switch. It can be DIYed pede rin na yun store na bibilihan mo ang mag-iinstal nito.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    turbo timer may makikita ka either as surplus sa banawe/evangelista, or new sa shops like fusion r.

it works by allowing your engine to still run for a preset time even after you take out the car keys so that the oil could still circulate to the turbo and cool it down.

any contact # ng fusion r? how much kaya ang timer? or if walang timer how long should i idle my engine after using it?... thanks

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Ang rule of time yata is to let your engine idle for a minute for every hour you run your rig relatively hard - turbo working/spooling most of the time. To be safe I let my turbo equipped rigs idle for at least a minute each time.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    pajojo: dunno the contact number for fusion R but you could pm AutoXer if he's here.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sirs,

How and when do you know the turbo kicks in? Is it like when I floor the gas and I feel the down shift? I have a 3dr Paj 2.5 diesel A/T.

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carnovice
    Sirs,

How and when do you know the turbo kicks in? Is it like when I floor the gas and I feel the down shift? I have a 3dr Paj 2.5 diesel A/T.

Thanks
    For low pressure turbos like what we have in our rides, medyo, though not totally, transparent yung turbo operation. What i mean by this is that minimal yung lag unlike in applications where you have larger turbines. AFAIK pag 2000rpm nagsisimula mag optimal boost yung atin.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Oh, okay Thanks PajeroKid! Btw, is the black paj your ride? Galing e!

OT: Where can I get the clear signal/clearance lights? and cost na rin, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Turbo of my 4d56 TDiC died down