New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sasabihin ko sana na Auto_Xer is the one you want to talk to, naunahan ako mismo ni AXer

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayun na nga.naisip ko kagabvi si autoxer...bwahrharhar...visit them pare.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ano yang alternative power booster na yan? hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by bilog
    ungas: thanks for the info. do you have an idea how much it would cost? bka naman there is an alternative source to boost the power of td42.
    An estimated landed cost for intercooled turbo kit for TD42 will be around 150K (taxes, duties & shipping included).

I can't think of any other way to crank up the power, maybe you can opt for bigger exhaust system as what others have suggested but, bigger exhaust doesn't necessarily mean gain on torque. Too big and you loose torque. Too small, you restrain the engine's power.

If you are lucky enough to find bigger liners and piston rings, you can opt for oversizing the combustion chamber. But I haven't heard anyone done this yet. :D

notEworthy27::: Where did you get the "water-cooled turbocharger"? :confused:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally posted by Auto_Xer
    Visit us. ;)
    Auto_Xer: where can i visit your place?

peeps: salamat sa infos fed.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    bore out yung combustion chamber??? nakakita na ko nun kaso sa scooter lang. hehehe...
    ang magiging problema dito ay manifold and intake and headers. siguro kayang-kaya na ng internals mo for 5-7 psi boost.
    turbo how bout yung mga truck na nissan diesel yung mga turbo na gamit nila kung mayrun man. piping ang isang problem dito and turbo size(kasi stock internals).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
turbo charging my TD42?