New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys,

Any feedback/reviews on Tough Dog shock absorbers? A friend of mine is planning to replace his GU Patrol's stock shocks with either OMEs or Tough Dogs. According to the shop selling the shocks to him, they've stopped selling OMEs in favor of Tough Dogs coz the latter provides much better shock absorption/ride compared to the former. Care to shed some light on this? The price diff is about P15K (P40K Tough Dog; P25K OME).

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OME shocks being sold locally were primarily used for city driving purposes only, too soft and bushings being the more common part to be replaced.

TD brand is more often sold to outbacking Aussies which demand more vehicle control, and they made their shocks robust interms of size. Imagine driving with bigger bores double the size of your ordinary shocks. I also noticed that there are TD models which has adjustable knob same as with Rancho 9X settings.

Bottomline is, if your friend uses his Patrol for city driving only, use OME. For some rough road actions & fun, Tough Dog.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks Ungas. Appreciate the assistance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tough Dogs are big-*ss shocks designed for demanding, heavy duty work. I think one of the AMC Hammers was equipped with a set.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm... now that's some heavy duty machinery. I don't think the GU Patrol weighs that much, and for sure my friend ain't taking it off the road.

Thanks Otep.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does that mean TD shocks are stiffer than OMEs?
    Signature

Tough Dog vs OME