• Isuzu Fuego

3 5.56%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hi-Lux or D-Max

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    D-Max 4x2, Its practically the same as 4x4, or get the Hilux 4x2 Gas 2.7 VVTi

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Which would guys opt for engine reliability even with new CRDi engines included?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    colorado... worth the wait imho daming variants unlike the isuzu dmax.

meron pa yata 2.5liter single cab

next year daw eh.. kunting tiis na lang

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    for engine reliabilty. isuzu i guess. the only non DIY about it is the ECU but still maybe a lot of shops have the equipment na to diagnose ECUs. i think.

to add, in my dmax i have broken a fan belt while on a trip to ilocos last holyweek. since it was still an old school diesel engine, it came in pairs so we were still able to drive to an auto supply and DIY the replacement.

i have seen the innova engine and i believe it has only 1 belt for all the engine stuff. but the owner said it was long lasting or more durable than regular belts according to his manual.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    there are some 4x2 variants that have the same stance / ground clearance as their 4x4 variants... like the Frontier T3 & Ranger Trekker.
    Sir M2 yun titanium variants mas mababa pa din ng konti kesa sa 4x4 ng ilang cm's. Pareho kasi sila ng size ng gulong kaya ganun

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Which would guys opt for engine reliability even with new CRDi engines included?

TD27 Makina ko to eh... and i'm very happy with it (although iwan ako ng Hilux at Dmax sa highway). I also asked Doc Diesel before about what diesel engine manufacturers he found to be "better", Nissan and Isuzu was his reply then.

The reason why I'd lean to a Frontier or "old" Fuego is because the useage of the pick-up will primarily be for business use in the province . Thus, you would want to get rid of the problems of fuel quality, parts cost and availability, etc...

Kung personal use then Hilux or Dmax na yan... but for business use, try to stick with the tried and tested ones. We had a Isuzu IPV dati sa Cagayan de Oro... 200,000kms, a serious accident, and countless rust holes (as we were in the seaside)... buhay pa rin. Nabenta pa for 300K. Muntikan na ipadala yung Frontier ko as a replacement but sa awa ng diyos, mabuti at hindi natuloy.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Family business in the province demands pick-up for its daily use. They used to drive around with a 4x2 Mitsu L200. But that truck has been put to the test numerous times already and is begging for a change, after all it has been driven since 1991. Logged 100,000kms. when it was just 6 years in service. Loaded 500kgs. every trip to Manila.

For a budget-wise small-medium scale business that frequents 500kms.++ travel to and from its destination, what would you choose?
    Although Dmax naiboto ko sa poll, considering your needs, I'd go for Fuego 4x2 or Nissan Eagle or frontier. Fuego and Nissan ang service vehicle ng dalwang sales rep na kakilala ko sa Mindanao, driven everywhere, loaded with drums, and equipment, and they've already ran more than 150,000 km, baka more than 200,000 km pa. Very durable and reliable. since 4JA1 din ang makina ng 4x2 fuego, I could attest to its reliability since yun din ang makina ng xto... 108,000 km ang still going strong pa rin, very fuel efficient and same kms/liter pa rin from day 1 (na-improve pa nga when I used biodiesel) and driven on highways and city streets from lucena to baguio . Nung mapunta ako sa cagayan de oro, karamihan nakikita kong pickups, either fuego or nissan eagle/frontier... ganun din sa nueva ecija, favorite ride ng mga ricefield owners ang fuego and nissan. just my 2 sentimos pres ungas

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But do you guys think its more viable to purchase an older model knowing that these models will be replaced 3-5 years from now?

Duda ko kasi patatagalin nanaman yung sasakyan more than 10 years in service. Kaya kelangan siguradong reliable and less breakdowns. Napapansin kasi ng kamag-anak namin may pinapagawa kada luwas ng Maynila merong masisira. Kundi AC, wheel bearing, clutch, brakes the common wear & tear parts.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir kurt: naputulan ka ng fan belt sa dmax? naka-ilan na ba ang mileage mo?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Take a pick on 4x2 pick-ups