New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kailangan ko lang ng mga opinyon ninyo:

With the rising cost of fuel today i'm thinking of shifting from SUV to Sedan. Here are the facts about my Trooper:

1. Fuel consumption is averaged at 7km/L city driving
    2. PMS costs around 1,500.00 (mineral based oil)
    3. Timing gear so no need to worry about timing belt replacement

I'm planning to shift to a sedan (im thinking vios 1.5L or Civic Lxi 2000 model or Corolla Altis Small body).

Is this a good choice since sabi nila mas matipid pa rin ang sedan compared to SUV's considering it runs 10km/l on an average and has cheaper PMS costs?

Sabi kasi ng GF ko yung Lancer daw niya 1,200.00 lang a week compared to my Trooper's 1,800.00 a week fuel we come from the same area (Marikina) and work in the same area (ortigas).

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag tagulan na and when u get married, your gonna wish u kept your troooper.hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    honaman... mas medyo matipid ng konti ang sedan.
    ang nakakatakot lang naman sa sedan is pag tag-ulan, tapos bumabaha.
    if ever you will be converting to a sedan, and considering your fuel and PMS expenses, the Vios will suit your purpose. (bat ayaw mo ng Jazz?)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mag kia picanto ka nalang kung sedan na matipid gusto mo....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If fuel consumption is your concern, the Civic 1.5 LXi m/t is frugal (around 10-11km/L sa city). This also has the biggest interior space amongst your 3 choices.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes picanto. marami ka pang sukli after you sell the trooper

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want to retain an SUV vehicle... pwede rin Rav4 with M/T... right now am doing 9.5km/L (2.0L and with permanent 4wd engaged). Mas maganda ang fuel consumption ng 2WD version...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    sus! ako nman gusto kng mag-SUV(vitara is my personal choice) kc i'm thinking of "all-around vehicle". hehe!

i have a lancer sedan, la pa nman akong problema kaso ini-isip ko pag-baha at yng trip to provinces, mas maganda pa din ang SUV.

kng tipid hanap mo VIOS ka na lang, 1.3L. Boss ko dati, me VIOS sya(daily trip) at me "porche"(pang porma)

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    Hhmmm...temporary solution lang ang mag-downsize ka ng ride. If fuel consumption only concerns you why not limit your use of your vehicle. How about using the public transport kung office-house lang usual route mo. But that is just me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    makisabay kana lang sa GF mo den hati kayo sa gas at masaya pa pag-uwi mo. =)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
From SUV to Sedan