New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Hi guys,

It's been a long time.

I have some questions that need some answers and advice if you dont mind?

Ride: 3door Pajero RHD Converted to LHD

1. After a checkup my mechanic told me that my Idler Arm, Left and Right Lower Ball Joints already had a play. My Question, is it necessary to replace those parts immediately? My plan is to replace those suspension parts together with the LHD Gearbox that im acquiring. Any effect if i dont replace the parts immediately and still continue driving the pajero? Will it do harm to other suspension parts? Any advice you can give, im planning to acquire an orig LHD gearbox sometime this May.

2. I already did replace lower left and right ball joints sometime around September using an orig 555 replacement ( i can guarantee that it's a genuine 555 because i bought it from a friend). Is that the normal lifespan of a replacement balljoint? How can i prolong the life of my suspension system? Im just using my ride in the city and i dont do offroading, i slow down especially when i encounter potholes... i do travel outside the city sometimes but it's not that rough.

hope you can answer all my questions...

thanks,

marwen

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1) Hindi naman rush yung pagpalit nitong mga ito. Mas maganda if you replace them after you replace the gearbox.

2) Kung walang problema, dapat balljoints would last years... even the 555 ones.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang harm lang niyan kung wala na sa alignment gulong eh di uneven wear.

I suggest replace them all together with the gearbox para isang alignment and camber na lang. tipid sa labor.

Ball joints madalas lower nasisira pero dapat mga after 2 to 3 years depende sa dinadaanan mo araw araw.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    PK,

So okay lang kahit i byahe ko this holy week yung pajero without replacing the ball joint and idler arm.. ? Yung uneven wear ng tires lang ang consequence ko duon, right? How about the other suspension parts.. no effect ba talaga pag di ako nagpalit.. mga 3 hours na byahe ang tatakbuhin ko this holy week.

As frt said... mas tipid kasi sa labor pag sabay ko pinagawa lahat..... thanks...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wag mo na masyado isipin iyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    marwen, sige biyahe lang!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    OT:
    sir saan ba available yung mga orig 555 parts? any particular shop sa banawe or anywhere in qc.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    please give me comment on chevrolet optra

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    parsectherm.

wrong thread bro.

theres a 10 page thread full of comments about the chevy optra. use na lang ang search function

Suspension Question and Needed Advice