New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid::: As far as I could remember, Mike of RATS told me there is an alternative way to raise springs by adding metal spacers inbetween the coils, not above or beneath it. It will be machined locally and to think they don't have OME spacers. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    if you have a patrol you can easily lift it by putting spacers on the top of the springs. not more than an inch thick. just like the packers old man emu has. you can have it made sa mga rubber manufactures and will only set you back mga two thou the most
    ARB::: Do you have a shop that specializes in suspension settings :?:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas::: thats gonna affect the ride quality no doubt..... i saw polyurethane spring mounts sa kanila dati, but pang patrol daw. Oh well, i guess i have to be content with my current set-up........

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid::: Baket? Balak mo ba itaas pa yung rear suspensions mo? :shock:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Poly / Rubber spacers and those metal inserts for the coil spring will definitely limit your suspension travel. While the vehicle might ride higher, ride characteristics may be harsher.

Its your choice, looks or performance? Form or substance? Man or mouse (rat)? Offroader or poser? Real deal or wannabe?

Of course, if one has a tight budget - that's a different story.

Happy trails!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas::: balak ko sana i-lift uli yung harap via torsion adjust, but with the corresonding lift na ren sa likod. The way things are set-up now, if adjust the t-bars in front, papantay sya sa likod, which looks a bit ungainly...

pre check your pm :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe.. tonka pajero the nose looks really low. i'm also considering lifting the front or dropping the rear a little.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman
    Its your choice, looks or performance? Form or substance? Man or mouse (rat)? Offroader or poser? Real deal or wannabe?

Of course, if one has a tight budget - that's a different story.

Happy trails!

sir i certainly hope youre not implying anything here. Being many many years my senior i hope you show a bit more tact....
    I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt since we are not talking face to face.

as my mom always says "You cant put too much stock in good breeding", dont you agree?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    splerdu::: why would you want to drop the rear?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ungas actually i dont have a shop and im in the province here sa south(diff islands). but i am sure that you can have those packers maufactured there with your specs. we had once put a two inch packer on a kia sportage in the front to even the car out and it worked fine, no handling difficulties. we installed 235 tires without problems. also we have here one with three inch lift na sportage with 31x10.5 tires, but this proved way too much for the cv joints rubber. you can fashion out the packers with the design by OME.

as for this kind of lift, the suspension travel is limited only by the length of your shocks. so why would OME make packers if it poses a difficulty or problems with the vehicle?

also be sure to buy caster correct bushings for the front arms if you intend to lift it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Suspension Lifts