New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My transfer case support and front differential bushings are worn out. The transfer case bushing is the one near the driver's side while there are three bushings holding the front differential (two ahead, one behind near the oil pan).

I went to Mitsubishi and they could not supply me diff bushings. Apparently, too few people notice or check these things.

I went to M7 bushing fabricators along Quirino Highway (near Chieffy's old station). They said they will replace the diff and x-case bushings for Php 2,000.00 pesos (materials and labor). Is this a good deal? They will use engine-mount bushings and reuse most of the OEM hardware.

I also need new CV joint-inner boots. How much are these things supposed to cost? I'm not getting OEM because I need a bigger boot to compensate for the suspension lift. The present boot is too short and cannot cope with the driveline angles I encounter.

Thanks a bunch! Miss you guys so much.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala kami?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May CV-joint boots daw kayo. But the diff support bushing is not really a popular part. That's why I'm considering fabrication.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep,
    u lead the way and i'll follow. tumaas nga me but bawat liko may tumatama. tingin ko mas hirap me magoffroad now kasi less clearance na between the fenders n tires.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    san ang cv joint inner boot?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Why not use replacement bushings and cv boots? The replacement parts are not that far in quality vs oem.
    Fabricated parts- don't know anyone who uses them.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP: Regarding the CV-boots, why don't you try asking around if the front boots of the 4x4 Trooper could fit. Malay mo, baka mas malaki siya compared sa Pajero. If it does, then you can just shop around for a replacement part for it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa eldorado ako nabili ng t-case support nun gen1 dati. actually wala siyang nakakabit na support, kami lang ni ferdie ang nagkabit, without even the luxury of a service manual (pero sinilip ko yun parts manual sa el dorado). pag engine/tranny supports go OEM. it pays in the long run. with regards to you boots, bring a sample to your suking auto supply and buy longer ones. basta pareho yun diameter na sasalpak sa cv joints. again, I would go for OEM sa CV joints, hirap kasi magbaklas niyang pagnasira ulit.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep, i think P2000 bucks is a good deal already for a fabricated part! Yung boots naman you can always get the next bigger size. (of course yung diameter nung ends must be the same)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its the differential support bushings that are not available in OEM and replacement varieties. Kahit sa store nina Glenn wala nun. They look like engine mounts. But they hold the differential instead of the engine.

M7 fabricates engine mounts and they can make a bushing that will work for the front diff.

Yung sa CV joint boots, siguro shop around for a bigger boot. I just need one that is a tad longer than OEM since by wheel drops more compared to the standard set up.

jackaroo,

We use fabricated parts - for our 1946 Ford. hehehehe. Hope they work on a 1996 Pajero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Some repairs are in order (inputs appreciated)