New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Diba dapat nilalagyan ng sealant around the hole?

Pininturahan din ba ng primer yung exposed metal?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    sulit na sulit siguro yang snorkel mo these pass few days :D

and you installed it in just the nick of time, just beore the floods came hehehe

NAKAKAINGGIT KA !!!! :mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ironarch
    Diba dapat nilalagyan ng sealant around the hole?

Pininturahan din ba ng primer yung exposed metal?
    Yes, nilalagyan ng sealant lahat ng dugtungan ng tube at intermediate hoses. Lahat po ng butas na dinaanan ng drill bits pininturahan din ng primer.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks guys. Yup, sealant all the way from the airbox to the snorkel. Almost finished one big tubegun of silicone. THe holes were painted with red lead primer.

Sobrang sulit ng snorkel. The car feels lighter, and I noticed a 20% improvement in engine performance and acceleration. I had 2 rivets placed lang in the air ram head courtesy of chieffy para hindi manakaw and head. Was advised kasi na ninanakaw pala ang mga heads.

Timing na timing talaga and pag-install ng snorkel ko. I'm more confident in fording through floods. But of course, kung pwede iwasan ang baha, iwasan talaga. Yun lang, pumasok tubig sa 2 pairs ko ng stebel magnum horns so medyo out of tune ang busina ko. It was installed below the bumper kasi. Having it relocated to my grill area. Hopefully, I could squeeze it in and find space for 2 pairs.

fierari: gasoline po ang 1.6liter vitara. So far, di naman ako na-stall. The sparkplugs are situated in the topmost of the engine and the distributor and ignition coil are almost ka-level with the hood and wiper motor. Designed talaga ng Suzuki that the vitara would be a competent offroader and swimmer. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wiretap_md
    Thanks guys. Yup, sealant all the way from the airbox to the snorkel. Almost finished one big tubegun of silicone. THe holes were painted with red lead primer.

Sobrang sulit ng snorkel. The car feels lighter, and I noticed a 20% improvement in engine performance and acceleration. I had 2 rivets placed lang in the air ram head courtesy of chieffy para hindi manakaw and head. Was advised kasi na ninanakaw pala ang mga heads.

Timing na timing talaga and pag-install ng snorkel ko. I'm more confident in fording through floods. But of course, kung pwede iwasan ang baha, iwasan talaga. Yun lang, pumasok tubig sa 2 pairs ko ng stebel magnum horns so medyo out of tune ang busina ko. It was installed below the bumper kasi. Having it relocated to my grill area. Hopefully, I could squeeze it in and find space for 2 pairs.

fierari: gasoline po ang 1.6liter vitara. So far, di naman ako na-stall. The sparkplugs are situated in the topmost of the engine and the distributor and ignition coil are almost ka-level with the hood and wiper motor. Designed talaga ng Suzuki that the vitara would be a competent offroader and swimmer. hehehe
    di ba niro-rotate ng iba yang HEAD during rainy days?
    para daw di pumasok rainwater. logical ba yun?
    kaya yung iba nagpapalit ng head, yung cup-like na nakataob.
    can you post pictures of airduct to snorkel?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May water repelling features ang Safari Snorkels kahit facing the rain ang head. Nakita ko lang sa site nila. Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Olive Drab: That's what I was thinking of also until I read information about Safari Snorkels at their website. The air ram head is designed daw to prevent entry of the heaviest of rains even at high speed driving. Calculated na kasi yung angle of approach of the rain droplets. Plus, the "grill" on the intake helps in the dispersal as well. Siguro yung mga nakikita mo na baliktad yung head are those who are uninformed. Sayang lang coz they lose the functionality of the "air ram" effect of their snorkel.

The ones that you see with a "circular" transparent head on top of their snorkels are called PRE-CLEANERS. These are only used in very severe dust conditions since a precleaner is necessary to filter the air before it reaches the airbox. This is unnecessary in our country because I don't think we have an environment here that is sobra sobrang dusty. Wala naman disyerto ang Pilipinas. Ninakaw lang kasi yung air ram heads nila or nasira kaya they have no choice but to use pre-cleaners. You can't buy the air ram head individually kasi.

Thats why I placed 2 rivets underneath the clamp of my air ram head para di ma nakaw.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep,
    pano na yung mga COPYCAT na made of fiberglass,
    may water repelling features din ba sila?

Wiretap_MD,
    with those rivets placed, does it mean you cannot move/rotate the air ram head permanently?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aray ko...may butas sa fender....ahahahayyyyy

pero astig.....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Olive: 2 rivets 180 degrees from each other. I don't see any other reason why I should rotate or move my air ram head from its current position :lol: :wink:

Pero in case I really need to remove it, I can just drill the rivet out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Snorkel installation pics...