Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jake
    Unags,

bosing ano ride?
    yon kinabitan mo ng snorkel saan and magkano

thanks in advance

jake::: Nissan Safari 1997 model po yung kinabitan, mas nakamura po ng konti sa Airtec Snorkels locally distributed by Armark. Price is posted by Sir Freeman on upper page of this thread. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas::: pare di pa ako decided. Sumpungin kase taste ko e :D minsan gusto ko minsan hindi :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    PWEDE!!! sir UNGAS patingin sa 24th
    ano pinakabit mo yung safari (dapat lang para terno) o yung airtek???

talaga bang malaki diff ng meron snorkel?

Opo sir pwedeng pwede! Kaso di po terno yung brand name sa sasakyan ko. :? Meron pong power difference, but not that much. (imagine giving the engine full air without any obstructions) :D Napansin ko nawala yung tope ng makina pag nag sudden acceleration. Lakas pala himugop ng hangin nung makina. :idea:

PS. Very informative yang post nyo. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Re - Kimpoy's Snorkel FAQ -
    ------------------------------

I've been telling many guys before that turning the snorkel head back to avoid rain intake is a waste of time. My Aussie supplier actually laughed when he saw one here in Manila. Aside from the snorkel heads drip vents, the air cleaner housing should also have a water separator. My supplier also adds that a minute amount of moisture in the intake is actually beneficial.

Ungas :
    -------

Glad your appreciating the other benefits a snorkel gives to the vehicle.

To the poster who said he can't decide on a snorkel because sometimes he likes the look, other times no.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well when you finally realize that function outweighs form, you are on your way to being a true 4 wheeler!

Happy trails fellas!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas,
    the feeling is mutual. except that i have lesser budget to work on.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Freeman,

If ever I have a snorkel on my truck, I think I would still make turn the head to face backward. It's not rain I'm afraid of. It's getting the plastic "mesh" of the snorkel intake head bashed by some low branches or trees. Dami ko kasi nababasa sa foreign forums about snorkel heads na natutusok ng branches and stuff while wheeling. Aray ko po!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pucha tinamaan ata ako dun sa post ni freeman a! hehehehe :mrgreen: Libre mo snorkel ko ikakabit ko! hehehe :lol: Part of my indecision comes from the financial aspect of things. peace 8)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Drab
    Ungas,
    the feeling is mutual. except that i have lesser budget to work on.

Olive Drab::: Same here, just have a positive thinking kakayanin makaipon lahat. :D Medyo matagal ko po talaga pinag ipunan pati yung pang suspension setup ko. Wala pa nga akong Safari nun naghahanda na ko pang upgrade, hehehe. Talk about future plans, they are at a snail pace, but its worth the wait! Its the excitement and fullfillment to see your passion slowly coming into reality. :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    pucha tinamaan ata ako dun sa post ni freeman a! hehehehe :mrgreen: Libre mo snorkel ko ikakabit ko! hehehe :lol: Part of my indecision comes from the financial aspect of things. peace 8)
    Sorry - just couldn't remember your handle, no free snorkel.

Well I hope heaps of cash come your way.

Peace - no intention to ruffle anyone's feather, just stating my opinion.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Freeman,

If ever I have a snorkel on my truck, I think I would still make turn the head to face backward. It's not rain I'm afraid of. It's getting the plastic "mesh" of the snorkel intake head bashed by some low branches or trees. Dami ko kasi nababasa sa foreign forums about snorkel heads na natutusok ng branches and stuff while wheeling. Aray ko po!
    Well we discussed this in the other board months ago. I still find it incredible that there are low lying tree branches low enough to skewer a snorkel head on your route to school. But I will take your word for it.

The inverted head will produce NO ram air effect.

I have personally seen hardcore offroaders from Australia & SE Asia actually fashion their snorkels out of steel to resist branch impact, and yes depending on the terrain and foliage, some reverse the snorkel head.

Snorkel, anyone? [Merged]