New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    afrasay,

DIY ka na lang ng snorkel. Tama si PK. Although hindi ito external. Ililipat lang nito ang intake point mo from inside the front portion of the engine compartment to inside the right front fender just before the right front door.

Can you imagine what I'm saying? Use PVC and lots of sealant. This works on Toyota trucks. I see no reason why It can't work on our rigs.

Medyo matrabaho lang. You'd need to take the fender and fender liner off. Tapos rush back and forth your suking hardware store to get the right fittings and instillation stuff.
    sir OTEP,

share ko lang. yung ganitong set up ay standard sa Crosswind. It has a "mini" snorkel located right inside the fron/driver's side fender.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TJM Australia produces Airtec Snorkels. These snorkels have been made original equipment for Nissan Australia, Ford Australia & Ford Philippines, to name a few.

TJM is distributed in the Phils. by Armark. Snorkels for Safari's, Frontiers, Current Hilux, Trooper, Current Strada, Mazda B Series are on sale for PHP 9,000 plus PHP 500.00 installation fee. Offer is good while supply lasts. Next shipment of snorkels will revert back to standard price of PHP 13,000.00.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Snorkel instillation guide:

More info here:

http://www.4x4wire.com/mitsubishi/tech/snorkel/

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just got a snorkel installed yesterday, didn't knew it took all day. :shock: Di ko kaya tignan nung binubutasan na vehicle body, para akong natutunaw na kandila. :P But its worth it! Di na sakal yung makina sa air intake, ramdam ko mas gumanda ang hatak ng engine with colder air coming in. (nawala yung tope ng engine with sudden acceleration) :D Next test would have to be driving on expressways, but with the kind of traffic we have, I need to drive up to DAU para mas maluwag and check if any sound exists. (wind drag noise)

Next in line would be the suspension lift. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas,
    seryoso na talaga yan huh?
    whats next after the suspension lift?
    mud tires? winch?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Olive Drab::: Yes sir! I have set my mind on it. :D Suspension lifts next month, then I'm choosing whether a bumper-con-bullbar is next or HID bulbs (this upgrade might have to be put till 2003), winch will be the 4th in-line. And as for the tires, I'm thinking of selling my 6 Dunlop Grandtrek AT1 tires (32x11.5x15), anyone interested? :D

I'm really hooked by this offroading epidemic, arrggghhhh!!! And there's no cure for it except to fullfill the hunger for offroads. :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas::: pare id hate so say it..... youre an addict heheheheeh :D Congrats on your snorkel install! :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid::: Yeah! Masama na tong nararamdaman ko, nakakabaliw tong 4x4! :twisted: Thanks pre! :D (Ikaw kelan ka papakabit? hehehe)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Unags,

bosing ano ride?
    yon kinabitan mo ng snorkel saan and magkano

thanks in advance

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PWEDE!!! sir UNGAS patingin sa 24th
    ano pinakabit mo yung safari (dapat lang para terno) o yung airtek???

talaga bang malaki diff ng meron snorkel?

nga pala mag nakita ako....Snorkel FAQ

Q. Will installing a Safari snorkel increase the power output of my engine?
    A. This depends on the standard air intake design of your vehicle. All Safari snorkels are designed to flow more cool fresh air than your engine could ever need and this may help the power output. However, the state of tune of your engine, at the time of fitting the Safari snorkel will determine the extent of any possible power increase.

Q. Will rain go down the inside of a Safari snorkel ram?

A. Even in a tropical rain storm, only a tiny volume of the impact moisture will enter the snorkel. The incoming rain droplets are broken up as they impact on the special, Safari designed, grill cross ribs. The high speed of the air strea as it turns the 90 degree corner in order to enter tne Safari snorkel, causes the heavier rain droplets to move to the outside surfaces. Here the rain is collected in the expanded lower body of the Safari air ram (outside the Safari snorkel body) and allowed to drain out, via the slots provided.

Q. Is it possible to have a Safari snorkel colour coded to a particular vehicle?

A. No, it is not. Paint will not readily adhere to the plastic that is utilized.

Q. Is there any additional filter incorporated in a Safari snorkel?

A. No, there is no additional filter in a Safari snorkel. A foam component, which appears to be a small pre-cleaner, is used on some vehicle models. It is installed inside the Safari air ram (see sketch above). It is not a pre-cleaner. It is actually a noise suppression pod, used to absorb sound waves generated by the engine. The improved filtration actually results from the Safari snorkel's air intake being above the level of the heavy, wheel generated, dust. In addition, a commercial configuration of pre cleaner assembly can be added for further protection.

Q. Will fitting a Safari snorkel obstruct driver vision?

A. No - no driver vision obstruction is permitted during the design phase of a Safari snorkel. The simplest definition of forward vision requirements is that outlined by the 'windshield wiper sweep'. No Safari snorkel infringes upon that line of view.

Q. How strong (durable) is a Safari snorkel body?

A. The material from which a Safari snorkel is made is sufficiently strong enough to permit it to recover its shape, even after being driven over by a typical 4WD!

Q. Is it necessary to remove the standard pre-cleaner, when installing a Safari snorkel?

A. If the vehicle manufacturer utilises a genuine, filter element equipped pre-cleaner, then Safari retains that component. If the vehicle manufacturer has nothing or merely an empty, internally finned container (which spins the incoming air), Safari connects directly from the snorkel body to the main air cleaner entry. This is particularly important when the standard components are poorly sealed from a dust and/or water point of view. If any further pre-cleaning is required, see the answer to the following question.

Q. When should a pre-cleaner be used with Safari snorkel?

A. The commercial configuration of pre cleaner, supplied by Safari, should only be used in heavy dust conditions, off asphalt surfaces at speeds below 80kph. (see sketch below).

Q. What air filter element should be used in conjunction with a Safari snorkel?

A. All Safari snorkels are designed to be used only in conjunction with genuine original equipment air filter elements. Safari does not recommend any type of oiled foam element.

Q. From what material is a Safari snorkel made?

A. A Safari snorkel is manufactured from U.V. stable, cross linked polyethylene, which is a special form of plastic.

Q. Will rust form on the edge of the snorkel mounting holes?

A. No, when a Safari snorkel is fitted correctly, all mounting hole edges are rust proofed.

Q. Will fitting a Safari snorkel effect the fuel consumption?

A. Correct installation of a Safari snorkel will result in unchanged or slightly improved fuel consumption.

Q. How is a Safari snorkel mounted to the vehicle?

A. A Safari snorkel is mounted to the vehicle utilising a number of 8mm studs and bolts into the guard; together with body screws into plastic plugs in the "A' pillar.

Q. Can a Safari snorkel be fitted in conjunction with L.P.G.?

A. Safari snorkels are primarily developed to protect diesel and petrol engines. Safari does no development work with L.P.G.. Consequently, the customer must ensure that his L.P.G. installer has sufficient experience to use the correct L.P.G. equipment, together with the necessary tuning knowledge.

Q. Can I fit a Safari snorkel myself? (if not how long will a professional installer take?)

A. While you can fit it yourself, presuming you have the necessary tools (see specific fitting instructions), it is highly recommended that you have it professionally fitted. On average, it takes around two hours and only adds around 20% to the cost of the snorkel kit. This is a very worthwhile investment, ensuring your complete satisfaction with the product.

**taken from http://www.4x4connection.com/

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Snorkel, anyone? [Merged]