New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sorry binubuhay ko lang tong thread. di ba delikado pa rin ilubog ang sasakyan because of the computer box? then what good will the snorkel do?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    For off-roaders, they usually modify their rigs to be able to handle that problem.

If your rig is a street queen and all show and no go, you may have a problem.

Even if this is the case, your vehicle will still be able to ford water levels that would've had your stock air box filled with water already. While this doesn't seem much. Something is better than nothing.

If you're willing to spend time and money, you can pinpoint all the stuff that are allergic to water and make sure they are waterproofed.

Hope this helps.

:regards:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Forgive the ignorance as I am just new here and I don't know much about cars and trucks.Anyway,what are the purpose for installing snorkels into your cars?Are snorkels only applicable to diesel variant vehicles or also to gas variant vehicles?
    Thanks.

Killer Angel

PS.For your information,I am highly considering getting a Nissan Patrol Super Safari(Gas Variant)(4.8 Litre)in a couple of weeks which I shall use as my everyday car and a couple of times a month,go off-rading when I got to my province in Laguna.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Forgive the ignorance as I am just new here and I don't know much about cars and trucks.Anyway,what is the purpose for installing a snorkel into your vehicle?Are snorkels only applicable to diesel variant vehicles or also to gas variant vehicles?
    Thanks.

Killer Angel

PS.For your information,I am highly considering getting a Nissan Patrol Super Safari(Gas Variant)(4.8 Litre)in a couple of weeks which I shall use as my everyday car and a couple of times a month,go off-rading when I got to my province in Laguna.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Forgive the ignorance as I am just new here and I don't know much about cars and trucks.Anyway,what is the purpose for installing a snorkel into your vehicle?Are snorkels only applicable to diesel variant vehicles or also to gas variant vehicles?
    Thanks.

Killer Angel

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Killer Angel

To answer your question as to what a snorkel does, it raises your air intake.

It's benefits during deep water fording should be obvious.

For other benefits, please see Otep's reply above.

Snorkels are not limited to diesel engines. Gas Engines can use them as well but you need more work to waterproof the other components inside your engine bay.

Hope this helps.

:regards:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Snorkel