New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Im Happy that things worked well with you, Too bad I cannot spare a single good word for ford for what happened to me! Happy motoring and drive safe bro.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by S-works
    magandang gabi po sa inyo, at sana mabigyan nyo ako ng kaunting advice sa problema ko

my truck is an '02 ford ranger 4x4, w/ about 33,000 kms na...and for the third time since december, nagkaroon sya ng overheating problem. having brought this unit to ford makati for service twice na for the same problem in 4 months, i needed a second opinion na so i went to ford connecticut.

after about 45 minutes with the engine running with the mechs looking at the engine from different angles, na tancha ko na di nila alam kung anong problema ng sasakyan ko. susuko na sana ako... tapos may biglang dumating na tech support from FPG, at pinabukas nya radiator cap ko...pina-start engine ko...tapos napansin nya nag tatapon ng tubig ang radiator sa top pag tinapakan ang accelerator. ang duda nya, may leak galing sa makina at posibleng warped cylinder heads, or leaking cylinder gaskets, or both.

may nakita rin akong thread tungkol sa overheating dito, at base dun sa isang post, maaring totoo yung suspecha ng taga FPG (sigh). nalulungkot ako kasi, eto ang estimate ng casa:

cylinder head assembly - 49,5000
    cylinder head gasket - 3,200
    labor - 10-15k depende sa aktwal na problema

pag warped ang cylinder head, puede naman daw i-machine shop kung di pa ganun ka grabi ang pagka-warp nya, at kung sa ganun, mabawasan naman daw ang gastos ko.

ang mga tanong ko sana ngayon:
    1) sa labas ng mga ford service centers, meron ba kayong ma-recommend na shop na magaling sa ganitong klaseng trabaho?

2) kung sakali man may ipapalit na pyesa (cylinder heads or gaskets), meron bang ibang outlet ng original ford ranger parts na mas mura?

3) sabi ng ford connecticut, kung ma-machine shop pa ang pyesa, sa Precision machine-shop daw nila ipagawa....magaling ba yung shop na yun?

kung may advice kayo mabigay tungkol dito...maraming salamat in advance!

My friend had a similar problem with his Toyota Forerunner. He had several bout of overheating and later, when he had the vehicle checked at one of the shop, they found a cracked in one of the cylinder head. One of the options recommended is to replace the entire assembly with "surplus" one, which they say would be a cheaper option. He called Toyota, and he was quoted for 39T just ffor one original single cylinder head.
    Appreciate any recommendation from Tsikoteers, where to get surplus cylinder head assy for Toyota Forerunner.. thanks.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It should be replaced under warranty. A brand new vehicle shouldn't overheat no matter what.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    It should be replaced under warranty. A brand new vehicle shouldn't overheat no matter what.
    Hell our '92 Charade has been up and down Baguio, and was an integral part of the construction of our current house (brought tiles, fixtures, including the kitchen sink!). It hasn't overheated even ONCE to this day. Not bad considering the tiny square radiator the thing has.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; January 25th, 2006 at 05:02 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Unfortunately, if a driver uses a diesel engine in anger and doesn't care for it (i.e.:revs it like a gas engine all day long), it will wear down quickly.

Andami kong kilala na may negosyo na van rental, and they've had to overhaul lots of engines (mostly Nissan Urvan and Toyota HiAce Grandias) because of abuse.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Unfortunately, if a driver uses a diesel engine in anger and doesn't care for it (i.e.:revs it like a gas engine all day long), it will wear down quickly.

Andami kong kilala na may negosyo na van rental, and they've had to overhaul lots of engines (mostly Nissan Urvan and Toyota HiAce Grandias) because of abuse.

teka... hindi ba dapat mas matibay ang diesel engines compared to gas engines in the long run?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    teka... hindi ba dapat mas matibay ang diesel engines compared to gas engines in the long run?
    true. but any machine when abused will eventually give up and broke down.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. The thing with diesels is, yes, they're much stronger, but at 4000rpm, there's more pressure on the cylinder head and walls than at 6000rpm in a gas engine. That's why diesel rentals break down so often.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    s-works,
    whats the update with your ranger ? is the engine still ok and whats the present mileage

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    onga..

naiintriga ako sa ranger..

so ung mga may problem ung ranger na made in the PI?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Servicing cylinder heads & leaking gaskets