New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    Hilux na ba or Fortuner?

hehehe, puede nga maging problema yun. my wife wants a fortuner and i want the hilux

but either way, once i get out of the ford trap, i know i'll be happier person!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    to add to your problems is the very low resale value of the Ranger.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    to add to your problems is the very low resale value of the Ranger.
    yup you're right...but i knew that when i bought it back in '02. so as long as someone is willing to take it off my hands so i can get on with my life, masaya na ako.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Anyway I think it more beneficial for you na they wont take you old unit and give you a new one since its the same brand and type of car na in the future might also breakdown.

anybody remeber Gene Orejana with his pajero?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Latest news about Gene and his lemon SUV is that he already sold his Pajero and is now satisfied with his latest car - Toyota Landcruiser Prado.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yesterday i finally got some good news from Ford Makati, dumating na daw yung new cylinder head ko!!! pinuntahan ko nga agad and you don't know how relieved i was to see it hehehe.

here are some pix of that "emotional" moment....

I ALMOST WEEPED hehehe...

THE BUSTED PART IS ON THE LEFT (NOTE BURNED UPPER SECTION) AND THE NEW REPLACEMENT ON THE RIGHT...

you should have seen the happy looks on the faces of the customer svc manager and the service manager hehehe....sabi siguro nila "ay salamat, siguro di na kami kukulitin nito" sabay hinga ng malamim.....hehehe. so my truck should be out early or mid-next week with a double-warranty on the engine....yahooo!!!! life goes on!!!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    just to tie up loose ends...

i finally pulled out my ranger from ford makati last saturday. they made me sign a summary of the job order and the costs totalled over 100,000 pesos...and told me I didn't have to pay a thing. 100,000 pogi points for Ford Makati hehehe

After 2 days of use, the engine is purring like a cat...so much so i re-installed the OME suspension...tuwang-tuwa na ako. am glad its working fine now, especially since Toyota is being so hard-to-get and promising deliveries 2-3 months down the road pa.

Bottom line, Ford Makati came through for me, my ranger is again back on its feet, este wheels, and she feels great! i hope nothing else goes wrong....

so tanong ko na lang....does anybody know where can i sell the busted cylinder head (ford mkti gave it to me), and the stock suspension of my ranger? :-) are there good junk shops out there hehehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hehehe
    sana maging sobrang dilegent ka pag check up ng engine mo, wag naman oras oras hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    hehehe
    sana maging sobrang dilegent ka pag check up ng engine mo, wag naman oras oras hehehe.
    yun na nga. habang hindi pa siya naka 5k kms, palagi siguro ako sumisilip sa temp gauge, sa tambucho at sa radiator hehehe

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    almost a month and 1500 kms after Ford returned my Ranger...she's purring nicely and making me want to keep her again hehehe. drove her at hiway speeds but kept the tach in the 2-4K rpm zone. think i'm now satisfied with the work Ford did on it :-)

lets see how it does 10K kms from now...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Servicing cylinder heads & leaking gaskets