New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    when I was in waiting for the vhire to leave for iloilo while in Caticlan (boracay), I noticed they had a barge travelling caticlan mindoro. I saw some passenger bus falling in line, with I forgot what destination point in Manila. Would it be possible to take Manila-Batangas, then roro batangas to mindoro, then another roro mindoro-caticlan, drive down to iloilo, then take another barge iloilo-bacolod, drive from bacolod to san carlos, take another roro from san carlos to toledo cebu, then drive to cebu city?
    yep as mentioned in my post,bacolod-san carlos via DS, you will see mga falls, mini chocolate hills then to toledo there are three routes in reaching cebu, via trancentral, talisay and another one. if via mabinay to dumagete you may drop by dumaguete city and see silliman university and the fine city of dumaguete, then roro to santander via coastal road to cebu.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    mas scenic pa yung route na ito, less dangerous, but means you go on board roros more often (4x) than via bicol, san juanico, samar, then to cebu. Also would take longer, IMO than via bicol.
    ano pong route?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe naging tug of war between two routes. When we last went to cebu we were really planning on the batangas route pero while researching diff shipping line schedule medyo naging vague ang info yun pa bacolod. Pero nandyan naman si ARB, alalayan kayo niyan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    hehehe naging tug of war between two routes. When we last went to cebu we were really planning on the batangas route pero while researching diff shipping line schedule medyo naging vague ang info yun pa bacolod. Pero nandyan naman si ARB, alalayan kayo niyan.
    oo nga hehehe.. pero maraming salamat talaga sa lahat ng info.. at least may ideas na po ako.. salamat po kuya alfred!!!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sir, ingat lang kayo sa Samar lalo na pg-gabi. Once you've reached Leyte safe na.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah, i believe kate_tee29 is a lady. ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    oo naman po babae ako!!! hehehe

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    just to add to my 20cents,, hehe,,, me and my parents are driving to mindanao this coming december..they have always wanted to take the roro, throught mindoro and iloilo then to dumagete then on to dipolog, where we have lots of relatives, but the only thing that discourages me from taking this route is because there are no set times that the roro travels. i mean it changes all the time.i heard its even worst from dumagete to dipolog or to cagayan de oro. they say sometimes the roro are every other day. that is why we have always just taken the bicol samar leyte route, because at least there are only 2 ferries that we have to take.the last time we traveled by land to mindanao was dec 04 and jan 05 coming back to manila.if you are in a hury u can do the trip in 2days, again it depends on the timing of the roro,the only bad part is the road in samar.basically it has gotten worst.had some friends travel to mindanao last summer and thats wat they said. security is not really a problem compared to the wori that you will have over the holes in the road. so my advice is to travel by day from Allen samar,if your in a car it may take longer, cuz of the roads.make sure u dnt take the catarman way,, i hear the roads are really bad dat way.wen you get to leyte the roads are a lot better. wel i hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Hhhmm...kaka-miss long travel ha!

Done Manila-Mindanao twice already. Konting tips lang, if you're in an unfamiliar place, huwag na kayo paabot ng dilim, madami naman kayong madadaanan hotels/inns or even resorts to stop for a night. Always bring an extra tire aside from your spare kung kasya pa, also plenty of water for you and for your ride. Kung gas-fed ang dala nyo, better bring an extra gallon/container coz this would be helpful sa mga remote areas. To top it all, have a detailed map and get familiarize with it like the distance so you can estimate your ETA/ETD on certain places.

Ingat on your journey....and oopps! Don't forget to post here your experience once you're back here in Manila, and some pics would make it better!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    The route to Cebu via Batangas, Mindoro, Panay, Negros:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is it safe to go by land to CEBU