New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    O.T.

Uy, 2 thread na ganito topic ah. (RE: Travel by land to Cebu) Yung isa title "TULONG PO! Plssss!". And si Kate_tee rin ang starter, He-he!
    Nakita ko din! hehehe! PM ko si Carlo so merge the threads.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kate_tee29 View Post
    my family is going to cebu by land.. i dont how and how much.. is it safe? some say that there are lots of NPA in samar.. what is the best route.. thank you po.. please help me
    safe pa naman po.. kung di sya comfortable sa samar..wag na lang syang mag biyahe sa gabi doon... yung NPA, dito pa lang sa sariaya, atimonan, lopez and milaor, sang katutak na, but they pose no threat to civilians, mas kitatakutan pa nga namin ang mga kotong cops and of course yung holdaper, which is omni-present.. so kung no option talaga, go ahead and enjoy... bring all proper documents para walang hassle .. mahaba lang biyahe,

manila to matnog 10-12 hours, normal speed...
    matnog to alen samar (barge1) around45 min...depende sa alon...
    samar to hindang leyte... more or less 4 hrs.. (enjoy sn juanico bridge)
    then leyte to cebu port.. (barge2) minsan 6 hours...

yung naririnig nyong balita... isolated case naman po yun.. basta ingat lang pag b-biyahe...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ive tried many trips along that road.. by gods grace, wala naman pong nangyaring masama.. mas natatakot pa nga akong masiraan ng sasakyan kesa sa security ng lugar... but mabuti na rin po ang nag-iingat..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    merged threads

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    I suggest that you ship the car to Cebu and everyone travels by air. That is the most cost effective way IMO.

By the way, how many are you? When do you plan to travel? What vehicle are you bringing?
    This is the best, cheapest and safest way.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the maybe you can take the via Iloilo-bacolod-cebu route. from bacolod you can choose two routes via san carlos or via dumaguete.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sobrang thank you po sa lahat ng inputs nyo po.. gusto rin kasi namin mag by land kasi para makita namin magandang sceneries.. thank you po ulit.. sana may inputs pa po.. hehehe good morning po pala sa lahat

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    when I was in waiting for the vhire to leave for iloilo while in Caticlan (boracay), I noticed they had a barge travelling caticlan mindoro. I saw some passenger bus falling in line, with I forgot what destination point in Manila. Would it be possible to take Manila-Batangas, then roro batangas to mindoro, then another roro mindoro-caticlan, drive down to iloilo, then take another barge iloilo-bacolod, drive from bacolod to san carlos, take another roro from san carlos to toledo cebu, then drive to cebu city?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    when I was in waiting for the vhire to leave for iloilo while in Caticlan (boracay), I noticed they had a barge travelling caticlan mindoro. I saw some passenger bus falling in line, with I forgot what destination point in Manila. Would it be possible to take Manila-Batangas, then roro batangas to mindoro, then another roro mindoro-caticlan, drive down to iloilo, then take another barge iloilo-bacolod, drive from bacolod to san carlos, take another roro from san carlos to toledo cebu, then drive to cebu city?

this i dont know!!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mas scenic pa yung route na ito, less dangerous, but means you go on board roros more often (4x) than via bicol, san juanico, samar, then to cebu. Also would take longer, IMO than via bicol.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is it safe to go by land to CEBU