New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Last friday, 04 May, my 1995 Nissan Safari Patrol (TD42, inline) had an overheat on my way back from Gapan, Nueva Ecija. I failed (deliberately or otherwise) to notice it, but I think I travelled for about 5kms (*120kmh) w/ an almost empty radiator until I gradually stopped along NLEX. My rig can not start afterwards and had to be towed to a shop.

I decided to have my rig overhauled and had to replace the damaged parts.

FAVOR please. Kindly help me decide.

I canvassed for the parts, particularly the piston and piston ring and the liner. I noticed the very big price difference between the "ORIGINAL" and the "REPLACEMENT" parts.

Is it OK to use replacement parts, specially the piston, piston ring and liner? The brand name of the replacement part is FEDERAL MOGUL which is U.S. made as I was told.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Yes malaki talaga difference ng price ng overhaul set na Original compare to replacement parts. May mga items pa nga na original parts na halos mataas ng 100% ang price or sometimes higher pa compare sa replacement. Like for example Piston Ring ng TD27 na replacement japan is only P2800 pero pag orig nasa P10,500. May pagkakaiba talaga para sa akin ang original sa replacement. Not more on the performance but on durability. Iba talaga tibay makina pag orig kinabit based on my experience. Overhaul kasi na din namin last year ng frontier ng cousin ko, overheat din siya sa Pangasinan.

Magkano quotation sayo for replacement parts? PM mo sa akin baka maka pag offer ako sayo ng mas mura. PM mo yung detailed quotation for every parts na papalitan sayo. I'm also from Nueva Ecija pero sa Cuyapo, pero dito ako Makati nag wo-work.

Thanks.

Jay C.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was also faced with the same question before when i overhauled an engine and decided to go OEM for the reasons of durability and peace of mind, especially if you plan to keep the car. Try asking around with other shops (Nisway, Advance, Yen, Youngbros, etc.) and also at the CASA (try several CASAs in fact)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thanks JayC and Vinj.

I would like to install OEM but I am forced to buy replacement parts due to financial constraints. I appreciate very much the offer JayC but I already decided to buy a combination of OEM and replacement parts. I am a bit in a hurry to finish the repair of my rig. I will keep your number and give you a ring in the event I need some parts to be replaced. Thanks once more.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oknamlarry View Post
    Thanks JayC and Vinj.

I would like to install OEM but I am forced to buy replacement parts due to financial constraints. I appreciate very much the offer JayC but I already decided to buy a combination of OEM and replacement parts. I am a bit in a hurry to finish the repair of my rig. I will keep your number and give you a ring in the event I need some parts to be replaced. Thanks once more.
    Thanks oknamlarry. Drive safely and happy motoring.

replacement parts fopr TD42