New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    many thanks for the info

di ba mahal ang tax kung magpapaimport ka nun?

yung installation ng dtronic pwede ata do-it-yourself, pero mga turbocharger kits ang problem, di ba kelangan ng professional?

yung intercooled turbocharger, i think enough na siya for a major upgrade sa engine, ano sa tingin nyo? total, remarkable naman ang magiging output niya

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madali lang ikabit yung DTronic module, you just attach it to an existing outlet underneath your dashboard. Though you mave have to start and stop the engine for complete installation.

Anything invoiced above U$D100 will have taxes. Unless you have them shipped via door-to-door boxes. And declare things inside for private consumption.

Yes, turbo kits and intercooler attachments might need some professional advices, if you don't have any background dealing with turbo installation. I used to dream about those kits too! But reality snapped, why would I need more power when I have enough for daily use. And another thing that keeps me away from those kits are the engine's innards, I know for one thing that NA engines have different sets for turboed units.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i see, you're right about that :D

maybe i just have to carefully evaluate my actual requirements before considering the upgrade. thanks for the advise.

btw, do you know what type of fuel injection pump is installed with the TD42 engine of patrol? is it a rotary or an inline type?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    driven, yan na ba ang daily driver mo? napano na yung rav4?
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    di naman, rav4 pa rin ginagamit ko madalas. maliit & easy to park sa mga crowded areas, gamit ko lang ang safari kapag matindi ang baha, hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by driven
    ...btw, do you know what type of fuel injection pump is installed with the TD42 engine of patrol? is it a rotary or an inline type?
    93-96 models uses noisier inline injection pumps. While later models from 97-onwards had costlier maintenance rotary type pumps.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i see
    so is it possible to change your injection pump from inline type to rotary type? do you know how much it costs? :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, though I don't know how much it would cost to change.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    thanks, might try to ask nissan about this

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Renamed: Hello? [turbocharger kits]