New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Excuse me sir, kind of analyze your situation.

A stop-gap measure for your situation is buying a hardtop bedcover like Campershell, Carryboy, etc. for your pick-up. This way you can securely place all your stuff when traveling. But your wife does not like driving the pickup.

Buying another vehicle for that amount (P150 k) severely limits your options.

Although the Liteaces and the Vanettes puede pang-pakinabangan. But guys in here somehow discourage you from going for it. I personally agree with them. Baka in the short term mapalaki ka pa sa gastos for its maintenance. So carefully weigh this option.

A van is the most ideal. But for that amount you probably get a previous model Korean van like the Hyundai Grace, H100, and the like which may be bordering on the "dilapidated". I remember there is similar thread in the board precisely discussing this option. Search mo na lang po.

AUV is another. The country's first generation of this type--the Nissan Bida, Ford Fierra, Toyota Tamaraw---are now obsolete for family use. That leaves the FX and Highlander. But for 150K medyo mahirap maghanap that is still in pristine condition. I am not confident either if an Adventure is within range.

Another option is to swap your Lancer and/or a portion of the 150K for a sedan wagon say a Suzuki Esteem.

Either that or the first option. Persuade your wife to learn to drive the pickup with the bedcover (look for 2nd hand para makamura) as a temporary measure while saving for more to increase the budget realistically for your third vehicle.

Mind you there are lot of women that use a pickup for a daily drive. In my sphere at work I can readily name 3 (one drove a 4x4 Nissan Eagle, one a Hurricane 2 Ford Ranger, and the other a Toyota Hilux SR5).

HTH.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    another option is the Mitsubishi L300 exceed short body gas version... mukhang ok din just don't know if you can buy one 2nd hand at 150k...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
re: 150k budget