New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diesel peeps, newbie pa lang po sa kaya please be gentle and psensya kung medyo me katangahan.

Ride spec - Hilux surf 1990 2LTE, Matic., converted to LHD

here's my problem:

last week i heard a clicking noise pag steer ko, so pina check ko, nakita ng mekaniko gumagalaw yung gear box, so pinaayos ko na sabay palit ng Pitman and Idler Arm, then sabi nya CV boots ko daw palitin na daw pero sabi ko schedule na lang next week, unahin muna yung steering.

last friday natapos, problema ko ngayon mas dumami yung ingay sa harap meron nang rattling, sqeaking sound dati naman wala.

Ano sa palagay nyo, hirap kasi baka maloko, ala pa naman akong alam sa steering and suspension components.

thanks in advance, pasensya na sa haba, sinamantala ko na, first post ko to eh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to tsikot,
    you've have to wait for the power steering guru afrasay but the mean time use our search engine at the bottom of the page, na discuss na yata yanhg matter na yan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It could also be possible that your CV joints are busted because you drove the vehicle with a busted CV joint boot. The CV joint boot protects the CV joint from road debris. The CV joint is located at at the both ends of the front halfshaft. This enables power from the front differential to be transferred to the front wheels while still allowing the suspension to articulate and the road wheels to turn.

You can have your suspension checked at afrasay's, chieffy's, GlennSter's or any established Tsikoteer if you do not want to risk dealing with a dishonest shop.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir otep, you are probably correct about the cv joint/boots, i'll have it checked.

you mentioned sir afrasay's, sir chieffy's and sir glennster's shop, san ba location ng mga shops nila?. San pedro, laguna location ko eh, sana malapit lang.

salamat! i knew it, ok talaga kayo, hesitant kasi ako mag post, baka kasi ma discriminate ako kasi galing subic lang ride ko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Chieffy's shop is in Pedro Gil (click on his ads here). GlennSter's is in Kamias while afrasay's is in Obrero. I think boknoyxtrm2001 runs a shop in Laguna (Awto Fit). I'm not sure if they have a location already or if they service at home. Your best bet is to PM him so you can set an appointment.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks!!

rattling/squeaking sounds