New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mdpo,

its like this, from oem to trailmaster (more than a year ago) to Rancho

Comparing oem to trailmaster is something like night and day. Now, trailmaster to Rancho, almost the same, medyo refined nga lang yong roll, plus of course you have 9 diff settings to choose from.

Today I decided to use no. 2 and may be I will leave it there kung walang complain ang anak ko. :lol:

Since this is only a 4x2, baka hindi ko na kuhanin yong remote control kit, and besides, most of the time city driving lang, walang gaanong variation sa load, to twaek the settings, kapa-kapa na lang (front) and gapang sa ilalim (rear) . Pero, next project ko talaga yong rear...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    very intriguing yan ah! sayang naman kasi yung shocks ng trooper ko kung papalitan ko na... di pa busted eh! siguro mga 5 years pa hehehe =).... They say trooper car like ang ride... eh pano pa kung pinalitan mo ang shocks??? baka parang eroplano na... floating??? hehehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Thanks redhorse.

Some rancho users commented on the adjusting knob flying off on off- road use. Is the knob removable from the shock body?

Is it really 9 settings? Thought rancho website mentioned only 5? Can you try setting 3 and give us your thoughts. The 3rd setting is suppose to be the closest to a rancho RS5000.

Mdpo,

If you're using a 4x2 trooper then check your rear shocks. These are "tapered" on both ends which shortens the stroke thus makes it harder. Guess it was designed to carry heavy loads but changing them will really improve the ride if you don't load your trooper.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jackaroo: oic... hmm am thinking of upgrading the shocks to Rancho 5000 hmm sayang naman kasi yung oem na shocks... meron kayang bibili nito? heheh

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jackaroo,

Knobs: Good point, but what I noticed though, the knob assembly is secured with two allen screws. Perhaps, it was designed like this to pave the way for easier installation of remote control kit.

But the knob itself, like those on radios, stoves, maybe it will set loose, wag naman sana.

Rear shocks: Still using the trailmaster, I'll have it removed and check its expansion and compression. Yong OEM kasi, hindi halata, until the unit is removed. The OEM is KYB something like kayaba, and market price is P700 for brand new. Monroe Mktg has a gas charged model, dunno the brand, and it retails at P1200.

Will try the no. 3 setting tonight.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They say trooper car like ang ride... eh pano pa kung pinalitan mo ang shocks??? baka parang eroplano na... floating??? hehehe
    sir mdpo
    actually medyo mas control mo yung trooper sa high speed cornering and hindi siya maalon kapag nasa viaduct bridge (NLEX) ka, in short improvement sa handling

Some rancho users commented on the adjusting knob flying off on off- road use. Is the knob removable from the shock body?

Is it really 9 settings? Thought rancho website mentioned only 5? Can you try setting 3 and give us your thoughts. The 3rd setting is suppose to be the closest to a rancho RS5000.
    sir jackaroo, yung in cab controller add ons po yan the last time nagtanong ako is 13,000 pesosesoses, wala pa shocks dun :shock:
    yung may 9 setting ngayon ay RS9000X kasi po naglabas ang procomp ng 6 setting eh

am thinking of upgrading the shocks to Rancho 5000 hmm sayang naman kasi yung oem na shocks... meron kayang bibili nito? heheh
    upgrade ka na sir, wise investment, yan lalo na kapag buntis si misis!

But the knob itself, like those on radios, stoves, maybe it will set loose, wag naman sana.
    yan din ang reklamo ng rancho 9s user i know is the lame knob, order na for replacement just in case masira or malaglag

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naku sir kimpoy single pa po ako... kung antayin mabunti si misis aysus! sira na nga shock ko nyan! hahahaa :lol:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jackaroo:

I like the #2 setting, though #3 is needed when negotiating that very long south bound viaduct sa NLEX

Kimpoy:

:D , pag knobs nawala, there's this P13,000 solution (in-cab controller)

mdpo:

maybe, yong mga 2001-2002 release ay maganda na ang mga shock na nakakabit. :D

Sa experience ko, yang mga oem na shock, bottom-out na in less than a year.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    redhorse,

Thanks for the feedback.

The OEM is KYB something like kayaba, and market price is P700 for brand new.
    Is there an official KYB shock distributor? And where can you get KYB shocks for Isuzu at the price you mentioned?
    Monroe Mktg also sells orig Monroe shocks which are cheaper than Rancho but more suited to cars.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jackaroo: nice meeting! I am taking consideration of changing my shock... hmm minsan ramdam ko matagtag pero minsan di naman... pero bottom line is siguro after a year pa muna... sayang din =) :lol:

Tataas kaya presyon nitong shock? kasi kung tataas aba bibili na ako ngayon then papakabit ko nalang after a few years :mrgreen: nag horde ba... hehehe

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
RANCHO RS5000