New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Among the three, which is better suited for Daily Driving Under Manila-Type Roads? Yung uneven surfaces and maraming potholes, and across-the-street diggings?

How much pala do they cost?

Thanks!

:D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pagkakaalam ko Bilstein is the most road oriented kasi may line up sila for sports cars and such. Rancho and OME makes shock absorbers for off-road and commercial use.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im biased coz straight OME ako sa ilalim shocks and springs :D In a couple of hours, pati si Ungas pareho ko na ng setup, albeit Safari sya :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for city driving,highway and little offroading,i was satisfied with our bilsteins,(LC80),ganda ng handling even in sharp curves. like your driving a car.(although medyo lowered din kce,orig springs naman,not putol)

for our 4x4's naman that still uses leaf springs,ok naman ang rancho's rs9000 for us.tigas lang at first,matagtag sha,pero when the shocks settle,ok naman.

we havent tried other brands besides the two,but my uncle wants to try downey suspension soon for his LC80 also.for city driving,highway and little offroading,i was satisfied with our bilsteins,(LC80),ganda ng handling even in sharp curves. like your driving a car.(although medyo lowered din kce,orig springs naman,not putol)

for our 4x4's naman that still uses leaf springs,ok naman ang rancho's rs9000 for us.tigas lang at first,matagtag sha,pero when the shocks settle,ok naman.

we havent tried other brands besides the two,but my uncle wants to try downey suspension soon for his LC80 also.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the input!

Kasi next year, I need to change shocks na... for the XTRM then the Adventure... am looking around for good shocks para dito. Both have leaf springs. For sure, I'm not going offroading (kasi di talaga kaya ng AUVs), pero I consider Metro Manila Roads as a sort-of offroading din.

Will my rides improve kaya if I use shocks like OME, bilteins or Rancho?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one thing is for sure your wallet will be a lot lighter after you change your shocks.

he he he around 4-5K EACH ang mga budget diyan.

so 4 x 5K = 20K :shock:

Pasakay ha pagkatapos mo mag palit ng shocks

actually if you want to have less tagtag, kailangan pati yung leafspring e palitan.

the shocks will give only modest improvement not dramatic (as in parang car)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    one thing is for sure your wallet will be a lot lighter after you change your shocks.

he he he around 4-5K EACH ang mga budget diyan.

so 4 x 5K = 20K :shock:

Pasakay ha pagkatapos mo mag palit ng shocks

actually if you want to have less tagtag, kailangan pati yung leafspring e palitan.

the shocks will give only modest improvement not dramatic (as in parang car)
    I don't want to remove the leaf spings... kaya nga nag-AUV, so I can haul heavy stuff anytime.

Medyo matagtag na kasi ang mga sasakyan ko... magkano ba yung adjustable Rancho shock? Yung 9000 model right?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think redeisel is reffering on changing your stock leafsprings into branded ones,like rancho leafsprings or TJM also have one.

in our case we just install the shocks,ang mahal ng rancho ng leafsprings eh.

diseler,
    i think rancho rs 5000 will do already for your AUV's

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup nikko is right.

change the leaf springs to another set of leaf springs.

Nikko, around how much are the shocks

Dieseler,

Change na lang the stock tires & wheels para JAPORMS

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rediesel,
    we've got ot bilsteins for around 17T eh,sale kce sa armark before.

the rs9000 will cost you around 20T more or less,forgot na eh,basta it will not go below 20T

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Rancho, Old Man Emu, Bilstein