Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    dieseler,
    for me ok na ride ng rancho RS5000
    then play na lang air pressure
    (be sure not to under minimum)

sayang nasa mayon st. ako yesterday kasama ko si alfred at otep
    sabi nila malapit ka raw dun, na test drive mo sana shocks ko
    anyways sa xmas party na lang, pati kay sir ungas i test drive natin!

Lets get it on :!:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nyahahahaah! Pero actually mukang knowledgable naman yung kano. Iba talaga si O'Drab, naks sikat! pare, How do you find your new suspension setup?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    How do you find your new suspension setup?

The new suspension ride is a bit stiff, but friendly on our potholes. I wont recommend it to sir boybi for its soft ride. Maybe if he has time to ride and test my suspension, for his own judgement on it. :D

Wala akong maramdamang lubak, even on short and sharp humps. :D Di na sya triple bounce pag dumadaan ako sa mga yan.

Though the front springs look a bit lower, I might add 10mm spacers under the coils. I'll be back at their shop maybe on Thrusday to add them. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    All 3 brands mentioned are popular.

All 3 brands mentioned are valved for on and off road use. I believe the manufacturers were aware that the vehicle owner will mostly use it on road.

Of the 3, Bilstein should be the superior shock absorber, because of its unique design - precision formed seamless monotube, digressive valving, proprietary nitrogen chamber and dividing piston. Plus proven durability and longevity. At PHP 19,000 per set - just a little more in price over Old Man Emu and about PHP 3,000 cheaper than Rancho RS9000.

OME and Rancho are both manufactured by Monroe. But they utilize different dampening media - OME uses low pressure charged nitrogen, while Rancho uses cellular foam.

Rancho RS9000 revolutionized the market with its variable presets, and continues to be the offroaders favorite.

However I beleive there are no aftermarket shocks made specifically for AUV's you will just have to find the closest possible fit and pray that the valving will suit your prefernce and needs.

Ungas - 10mm is less than half an inch, let everything settle first. Also buy from them the caster correction bushing.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boss Freeman::: Thanks for reminding, I did put caster correction bushing. Kaya ako ginabi nun, nagkamali sila ng angle with my left front. They had to press it out and adjust it. :?

We tried to measure the front at 29 inches from fender to bottom edge of the mag wheels. While the rear measured in at 29-1/2 inch. I find it akward that the Safari was kinda snooping down a bit. Do you think the rear coils will set in more than the front? What is the ideal set in adjustment for the suspensions? :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A half inch difference should be okay. When the rear is laden with passengers or cargo it should level off. Given this same situation, if you put the spacer on the front it will magnify the droop on the rear.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But I seldom use this for cargo or loading passengers. Do you think 10mm spacers would still droop the front a bit?

Btw, I tried loading it with passengers the other night with 5 BIG adults, but the front was still lower.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Good day, I have a LC80 land cruiser, imported with adjustable rancho suspension setup, I was wondering if there's anywhere in the south area (las pinas, alabang) which specializes in it or can you refer tme somewhere in manila, the controller activates the motor but doesn't affect the shocks, i just wanna diagnose it if something may not be connected or if something else is wrong.. thank you, if you can text me a shop?location, that's be great, 09165500022

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    saan pwede makabili ng Old Man Emu shock absorbers?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try ninyo sa Rat's sir.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Rancho, Old Man Emu, Bilstein