New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    hayy... kala ko pa naman worst na toyota makati casa sa customer service at isuzu inteco (based sa mga post dito sa tsikot) ..

pag wala ka talagang kilala sa loob ng shop eh dedma ka lang nila...

maybe.. you better ask them na kung kelan nila balak i-trace yung problem tapos kung pwede mo panoorin yung car mo on the spot.. baka kasi kalas lang sila ng kalas pero hindi naman tinatapos dahil meron pa silang ibang 'big' customers .. tsk tsk..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i hope we just caught the dealership at a lazy time (being the Holidays and all), or maybe malas lang talaga... we got better service from them in the past. hassle lang kasi na ngayon pa mawawala yung van kung kailan maraming lakad yung buong pamilya hehe... not to mention hassle na kulang yung sasakyan tuwing coding yung isa

although mukhang helpless talaga yung parts availability. when the van was new, one tire got punctured and had to be replaced. Cheng Shin 215/70R-15 yung OEM tire. yun pala, this particular model of tire isn't available in the usual tire supply shops. so we asked the dealership about getting a replacement spare tire. wala daw available na replacement OEM tire, they don't stock up on those daw because the Chinese-made tires are shipped with the CBU unit ha? diyos ko e pano yun... we ended up buying a Dunlop light-truck tire to replace the spare tire. when the original ACDelco battery of the van died, wala ring replacement na available sa casa (details below)

pajerokid,

nope, we didn't try replacing the battery, though i don't know if the dealership tried swapping it out. btw, nung namatay yung original battery nung venture, we called GM shaw for a replacement battery. i think 6000+ yata yung bigay nilang price. i asked kung pwede bang local replacement yung ipalit like motolite, sabi nung service advisor hindi daw, kasi iba daw yung design ng battery nung venture, "side-terminal design" daw or something like that. pero yun pala wala silang stock nung ACDelco replacement battery, at di daw nila alam kung kailan magkakaroon (oorder pa daw). eyng? sus maryosep, do they think a weeks-long downtime for a vehicle is a trivial matter? we bought a motolite (yata) battery for less than half the price.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wildthing, wag naman pre, in fairness, very accomodating yan sa customers, tingin ko sobra lang ang pressure siguro sa kanya that day, BUT, still its not an excuse. ive had countless clients that i reffered to him, so far, wala naman masamang feedback.

revogsx, dude, we, like all dealerships (hopefully) do not discriminate clients, kung matagal na ang ng isang car sa service area, theres definitely a reason.

mbt, pre, wala talagang available na cheng shin tires dito, original equipment siya from china, yung size naman ng tire ng venture is readily available sa market, and definitely, mas maganda yung quality ng locally available brands, dami diyan. about the battery, any service personnel ng isang dealership wouldnt recommend you to replace your battery with aftermarket brands specially if your car is under warranty, because kung magka-problem yung sasakyan and yung battery (or any other aftermarket part for that matter) na recommended nila ang culprit, they can be held liable for the damage and pay for all the charges (if proven). most of the time pwede naman talaga, kaso they'd rather prevent the risk or leave the choice to the client, because these people can not afford to pay for these risks or worse lose their jobs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jimbob,

yun nga e, i understand about the parts, pero yung tire, we'd have to buy two or four tires na if one OEM tire goes (para matched pairs diba)... yung battery naman, i'm sure GM would recommend using an OEM battery while the vehicle is under warranty, but it's tough to wait weeks just waiting for an OEM battery. what are we supposed to do if the dealership doesn't have any OEM spares available immediately? kaya sinabihan nalang kami nung SA na local battery nalang kung merong available hehe

btw, anong trabaho niyo sa GM shaw ser? hehe...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbt, i see. Like i was telling you a while back, there are instances wherein a battery can power lights and even fans, but does not hold enough voltage to start the engine. this is especially true for EFI cars. Anyways, kakainis naman yung situation mo. Basic wear and tear parts such as the batt and tires wala? Gosh. I think GM SHOULD provide you with a service vehicle. Sa Nissan dati ganyan. We had a Cefiro for a week, in lieu of our Terrano.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ''yun nga e, i understand about the parts, pero yung tire, we'd have to buy two or four tires na if one OEM tire goes (para matched pairs diba)... ''

hehehe yun ang problema!!!

sales consultant po ako ser.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MBT, i share the same sentiments with GM Autoworld (Makati naman ako)... I waited an hour before to have my tito's Suburban RECIEVED for servicing.

Another was with my boss' Opel Astra, the car had a noise coming from the belts and you know what they had him change? The timing belt assy (belts, bearing, tensioners, etc), the water pump, and the fan belts... not bad for a 3 year old car with 30,000km on the odo. The bill would hacve gone into the 40K range but i got to cut it down by sourcing the parts from Thunder Auto... My boss is getting rid of the car next year and will likely get a Corolla 1.8G or CRV.

Jimbob, if you'd really like to help improve on your services, printing out this and showing it to the peeps in the maintainance section will really help (i hope). Its already a fact with the number of people i've talked with who have owned GM vehicles before... We've done this with some Nissan dealerships before and it has bveen helpful but sadly, not all have imporoved with their services so mas sira pa sila ngayon then before... but feedback is still being continued to them.

Glenn, must na pala si Vitara?
    Last edited by vinj; January 3rd, 2004 at 12:22 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hay nako, bagong taon na hindi pa din alam ng GM ang problema. Baka naman nakabili na ng Patrol si mbt andyan pa din iyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj....ok naman ang vitara as of now..no problems...pero ung dating problema niya sa transmission..hindi naman nagawa.

hindi na naman nag occur ulit eh kahit araw araw gamit namin.

pero the fact na sabi samin dati na "ITATANONG SA SUZUKI" ang problema at taawag samin....at HINDI NAMAN TUMAWAG EVER,AY NAKAKABUWISET.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anak ng tokwa, hindi pa rin yata nahahanap yung problema sa venture! 19 days nang nakaupo dun sa service bay ng GM shaw yung sasakyan...

went there last wednesday with the spare key, kasi baka daw nagloko yung computer chip sa ignition key, trigerring the engine immobilizer i suppose, pero ala pa rin even with the spare key... my golly. two inches thick na ata yung alikabok sa exterior ng van hehe. nakabaklas yung dashboard at may GM Shanghai service manual at mga tech documents printed from the internet na nakaupo sa passenger seat, dalawang technicians na daw yung nag-aasikaso sa sasakyan...

pano kaya kung out of warranty na nangyari to? mayayabit kami sa labor charges hehehe... mukhang ibebenta na to when the warranty is up in May!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Podium recovery (maraming salamat Otep =) )