New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ask ko lang din po.. what would be a better choice for everyday rough roads? 4x2 strada? or 4x2 navara? im contimplating on both. i really need to replace our old eagle. nakakapagod kasi yun daan. i drive 1 hour each way to our farm and sometimes i have to carry abono and rice.

im new here pala, i dont know if this is an appropriate post or should i make a new thread?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    With larger diameter tire of the pick-ups vs cars, potholes that would jar a car will only produce a slight jolt on your pick-up.

But I would not drive even a modified 4x4 pick-up 50-60kph over rough roads unless I'm being chased by a jeepney load of screaming muscular reyna elenas. Malaki ang chance na mag slide ka sa dirt road, medyo madulas yan kahit tuyo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pick-ups were designed to really take more abuse than you would normally give another vehicle, but one ahs to understand and consider that everything has a fail point, and that doesnt exempt even the toughest vehicle or material.

i use a 2007 strada, and my line of work takes me to areas where normally people won't consider taking their vehicles because of the ridiculous road conditions, i agree that the suspension of the strada needs some tweaking, but that is something that can be done with after market components which i will be doing soon. i jut drive more carefully on the bad roads(if you can call them roads). the otehr pickup i would've bought would be the new ranger.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by seedgrower View Post
    ask ko lang din po.. what would be a better choice for everyday rough roads? 4x2 strada? or 4x2 navara? im contimplating on both. i really need to replace our old eagle. nakakapagod kasi yun daan. i drive 1 hour each way to our farm and sometimes i have to carry abono and rice.

im new here pala, i dont know if this is an appropriate post or should i make a new thread?
    if you replacing the egale for just another 4x2 pick ups then i don't see the point there bro, get a 4wd and you know it's there when you need it. if i were you get the 2nd gen strada. nothing much to be done kasi off road ready na to, lakihan mo lang ang gulong with mud terrain thread, then you'll have the moster farming truck. bilib lang talaga ako sa pulling power ng strada, two thumbs up ako sa turbo nito, ramdam mo parang baliw na kabayo kung sumpia.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    kagaya nalang nito hehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanks megadeth. i was thinking of buying the 08 model. i dont know, but the price for the 4x4 is kinda steep for me. although my other choice is that 2nd gen strada like that picture. she's a bauty bro.

yes i wana try out strada. base from this forum ther are many positive feed on the strada generations. i used to be a hliux person myself. when i lived in baguio i used to offroad. i had a 98 hilux with the straight axle convertion 4" downy and 33" m/t. naka set up den for river crossing. we went baler quezon to river cross and travelled through the sierra madre range. my hilux has more than prove itself, that was college days. Now i cant afford to offroad anymore and the price for the new hilux is just too much for me.
    so considering that i have to go to the farm everyday im looking more on comfort and the durability of the suspention and the body that will take that kind of beating everyday.

i had my heart set on the navara 4x2 but from this forum im really considering the strada.

is the height clrearance for the 4x2 strada and the 4x4 the same?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dont know if the 08 strada can carry that much loads. just check first, I find the rear suspension too soft for carrying, plus the short bed.

sa 4x2 my choice would be the d-max, navara, ranger, strada, hi-lux in order.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by seedgrower View Post
    is the height clrearance for the 4x2 strada and the 4x4 the same?
    if ride height is a concern, i think only the dmax and ranger trekker offer a 4x2 variant with a 4x4 stance. among the 2, i think i'd go for the dmax.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanks for your help guys.. i dont get out much the dealers are far from our city. ill definitely check out the dmax.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    among the 2, i think i'd go for the dmax.
    Hell yeah!!!

Go dmax bro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is pickup suspension really durable in harsh road conditions?