New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lnce420 View Post
    thanks rna800

may i know kailan inoverhaul yung pickup or the most recent it was calibrated?
    The first, I already forgot since it was my driver who brought it in the car shop. I left for the US for a long time and I don't know what he had done with our cars since when I got back, a lot of things are needed to be fixed and 5 months after, May 2007, my B2500 stalled in NLEX and it got towed to San Simon and since there is a shop there that they said who always repairs cars that get stalled in NLEX, I just said I will just have it fixed there. All of a sudden the car lost its power and good thing it still managed to reach the Total gas station. It took almost 2 weeks then thank God it is ok again. To my surprise it only cost me 40k labor and parts and that made me think to what kinds of parts did they put in it. I was asking for the receipt or at least the parts that they have replaced but they couldn't provide me any. I just said never mind since I saw them dismantled the engine anyways and it didn't cost that much and as long as it could bring me home, to hell with it. 8 months after, January 2008, when I was driving, all of a sudden it shooked and I didn't pay attention to it. I just kept on driving then it shooked wildly again and the engine just died. I called my trusted shop and they towed me to their shop. The mechanic told me that the one who overhauled it didn't really do his job well and the parts that they put are so inferior that for sure it will not last long. The damage again was so severe that they needed to find a crankshaft or camshaft (a very big piece of metal) since they found out that the rings that they put have grinded it and the measurement would become smaller if they have bring it to the machine shop. They still found lots of problems that is connected to my last overhaul and I said just bring it back to how it really should perform. Almost a month after and more than 60k+ worth of damage, up to now the engine is still good and it is already almost a year already and so far my truck hasn't shown any signs that it is gonna need overhauling again.

For calibration, my trusted mechanic told me that he also had it calibrated when they overhauled it which was last January 2008.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    palagay ko kung mahina na ang combustion ng makina...hina na ang pulling power and sobrang itim na ang usok.

Yung L200 ko l992 pa and 330tkms na, ok pa rin. Minor repairs lang. I just made sure about the schedule of my oil changes.
    After my last overhaul and after they put a pump on the fuel filter and replacing the fuel filter with an original Ford fuel filter, the pulling power is better as compared to before. As of now I haven't seen any black smoke puffing out except for sudden downshifts.

Wow, yours is already 330k!?! And I thought mine is already too much. My driver was the one taking care of our cars before and now I am already hands on to make sure that the schedule of maintenance is followed.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Dear Guys:

To clear up some specs of the B2500, the fuel tanks capacity (according to the owner's manual) is 56 liters and rna800 is right, the last model available here in the Philippines is the 1998 model.

Comparing it to the Isuzu Fuego, well the Isuzu uses a direct-injection engine vs a turbulence chamber design on the Mazda. Brand-new my neighbor had a Fuego and we would meet regularly at the filling stations here in Fairview.

Comparing consumption he 'said' he got about 1 km / liter more than me. But we never really checked this out thoroughly.

But he sold his na (mausok at maingay na kasi) and got a Nissan 3.2 power pickup. I remember racing him home from SM Fairview - talo sya.. he he he.

To rna800 : Wow, naka-tatlong overhaul ka na? At 210 thousand km? Sabagay, di marunong ang unang gumagawa. Hirap na mag 120 kph? Hmm...

You should have it checked by a really good shop, ask Central Diesel for advice pati.

I can still do 140+ kph and mahina lang sya umusok. Then again have only 130 thousand km on the odometer. I get 10-11 km/ltr in the city.

Regards,

Dusky Lim
    I would really have it checked in those shops you have said in Mazda b2500 thread one of these days. I couldn't believe that it is having a hard time catching up with those buses especially that Safeway bus.hehe I don't know if that bus is fast or my truck is slow.hehe I just noticed that it could go up to 60 very fast and less than 8 seconds to 80 and the same to 100. For it to reach 120, I have to wait for maybe around 10 to 15 seconds from 100 kph.

130k kms is somewhat fresh, I guess and as compared to more than 200k, your truck still has a long way to go. Plus the fact that I wasn't hands on on the maintenance of this truck prior, I didn't know if the service schedules were properly followed which I suppose not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
pickup * 300k or below