New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 58 of 87 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHAK View Post
    For me kung ako papapipiliin sa Pick-up na 4x4..I'll choose timing gear type or chain..kasi malayo sa putol..dapat sa belt drive maalaga ka sa change ng belt mo at laging check..For Me Nissan ako at Isuzu..well depende rin sa taste mo at standards mo...thnx..
    That's why we chose the Dmax.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    J Avoni,

Hmm medyo matagtag ang hi-lux pero powerful. Why don't you also look at the Ranger if power is what you want.
    Diba, pareho lang sila ng underchassis & suspension ng Innova? How about Dmax?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    FYI. the hilux 4x4 has the highest HP output on all the diesel pickups :D so if u want raw power get the hilux. :D lahat talaga ng pickup matagtag.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayz View Post
    FYI. the hilux 4x4 has the highest HP output on all the diesel pickups :D so if u want raw power get the hilux. :D lahat talaga ng pickup matagtag.
    For me TORQUE is more important than the HP output since pick-ups are really meant for hauling.

Yup lahat matagtag but its better to choose the most comfortable. With the strada, dmax (flex ride), and ranger, the hi-lux will be out of my choices. I always look at things at a balance. Power is just an aspect of everything. There's still safety, riding comfort, handling, hauling capacity, etc. etc.

But hey, comfort is always subjective...

J Avoni,
    The hilux has leaf springs at the rear (while the fortuner and the innova has coils) and is...a pick-up which means that you have to deal with the ride during times when rear is unladen.

Better if you test drive your choices for you to be able to feel what vehicle is suited for you.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Djerm i agree on you...For me too.. riding comfort, handling , torque and SAFETY is the main aspects of choosing a suitable pick-up ..Like as Djerm was saying..It is better to test drive it first and evaluate if this truck is much suitable for you and your lifestyle.. Anyway you are the only person who can decide which truck is for you..

One thing I don't like about the Ford is the engine..the engine is from mazda..I've been using mazda pick-up last year, mazda engine needs to be maintain regularly..tnx

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    J Avoni,
    The hilux has leaf springs at the rear (while the fortuner and the innova has coils) and is...a pick-up which means that you have to deal with the ride during times when rear is unladen.

Better if you test drive your choices for you to be able to feel what vehicle is suited for you.
    Thanks for the info.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1621
    we have a '98 4x2 fuego doon sa farm namin. it serves its purpose rather well.

but i would love to have a 4x4 frontier.

i had nissan 4x4 frontier...matibay..i used it offroad 5x a week... the disapointing fact lang, mahina ung makina.lack of torque.. bumpy yung ride compare sa fuego 4x4 2.8 engine

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hello po mga sir, newbie lang sa diesel engine, just recently bought '99 isuzu fuego hope to learn from you guys boout its engine, suspensions and modification. nag pa change oil ako sa Rapide may free check up sila quote nila ako for repair of suspension 38K dami kasi kalampag e. hope you could recommend quality and affordable repair shop, TIA.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    redwave,
    38k? WOW, baka kasama na 1 month sweldo ng mekaniko na gagawa ng sasakyan mo. Hehe

I had a major suspension repair before at servitek and it just cost me roughly 10k.

Just settle for replacement parts basta orig 555 japan. Go to your suking servitek station. Marcos highway servitek is known to have good services.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redwave125 View Post
    hello po mga sir, newbie lang sa diesel engine, just recently bought '99 isuzu fuego hope to learn from you guys boout its engine, suspensions and modification. nag pa change oil ako sa Rapide may free check up sila quote nila ako for repair of suspension 38K dami kasi kalampag e. hope you could recommend quality and affordable repair shop, TIA.

Bro 38k?!! Sobra-sobra yan..hanap ka ng shop or mechanic na kilala mo..di mauubos ang 15t mo.. tama si Djerm..kunin mo ung 555 brand..pero beware ka sa fake or china na 555..tingnan mo ng mabuti.. ung orig dapat.. bulljoint ang masakit sa lahat ng parts na mabibili mo..mahal yan sa lahat..tnx

Pick-up Lover