New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    there both white. yung 5000k white with a very slight hint of yellow. 6000k parang fluorescent na white. 5000k is the latest color temp from philips. dati kasi extremes ang choice 4100k stock color or 6000k white na talaga. its a compromise between looks and usable light.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    where would be the best place to put the ballast? dont know anyone who owns HID. so I really dont have any idea on HID except on what I read on tsikot. should zip tie be used to secure the ballast? any help would greatly be appreciated. wala kasi dito sa province naka HID. I'm seeking help from a local car accesory shop to aid me in instaling my lights. they dont have any experience on HID. so I'm relying on fellow tsikot members to share any info, so I can tell the installer what to do. my ride is a previous gen pajero. I.m getting my HID next week.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa mga kinabit namin na HID kit ang mga satisfied lang na cars ay crosswind, bmw e46, f150, expedition, sport trac. but sa others they sold it again or still there being sold pa these are trooper, gen II pajero, safari.

btw kits used are the taiwan 6000k up kits. common na reklamo is they cannot see anything pag hi-way and when its raining so for the price of HID its not worth it. but maybe if original equipment ng cars ok siya, and mga HID na aux lights.

for most of us here in the province contented na kami ng 130/100 na bulbs with four relays or IPF 170/100 the brightest bulb so far for me na na test ko. been reading about HIR bulbs they say its the closest thing to HID without the price penalty. anyone tried these?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on the wiring loom that came with the kit. Kung mahaba naman mas maganda ikabit near firewall beside the wiper motors. Ballasts produce electrical charge that ignites the xenon gas. Kaya inagt sa pag install.

Kaso yung Philips HID kit ko maikli yung wires that are attached to the HID bulbs, so I had to mount them behind the headlight housing assembly. There are numerous blank thread holes around the engine bay. Use annodized or aluminum brackets (wrap around the ballst), then bore holes for bolt mounting.

Better have halogen fog lights installed if you plan to drive in provincial roads, mahina ang beam length ng HIDs. Kaya karamihan ng sedans na HID headlight quad assembly, yung bright nila halogens pa rin.

HID aux lights won't help either, kaya di maganda ang ratings ng LightForce HID kits. Halogens pa rin kung kailangan ng malayong beam. Pero kung dim function lang, di hamak mas maliwanag ang HID (4000-6000K) compared to higher wattage halogens. Just compute the electrical consumption, 130/110W halogens versus 35W xenon. :D

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sayang di ko alam na hindi bagay HIDD sa gen 2. too late na nabili ko na.

sir ungas post pics naman, pls pls.
    where can i get those anodized brackets? most likely pareho tayo ng wiring harness , philips brand narin kinuha ko. I really want to protect the ballast, kasi mahal ang replacement.

1. wateerproof ba yung ballast?
    2. will putting a CPU heat sink on top help?
    3. can we just replace the dd2s bulb with a lower color temp for hiway driving?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung annodized brackets, karaniwan ginagamit sa mga old school HU. Malabot ito at maraming butas for bolt adjustment. Ballasts are not water proof but they can be water resistant from engine bay washing. Mas maganda kung takpan na lang para sigurado. Yung fusible links nyan ang water sensitive. A little damp can and will hamper with HID functions. No need to put heatsink onto the ballasts, its only operation is igniting the gas, after that wala nang silbi yun. Yung electrical load hiwalay ng wiring harness which will adapt to your existing OE headlight wirings. And a couple of wires tapped directly to batt terminals.

Pwede ko rin kunan ng pic kaso nahihiya ako sa dumi ng engine bay, di ko kasi pinalilinisan since I hit the trails every now and then. :D

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir kung may free time ka pics naman. medyo mahina kasi imagination ko pag binabasa lang. I dont even have an idea kung ano ang fusible link.
    pwede ba natin interchange yung bulbs lang. example 6500 k to 4800k?
    talaga bang hindi bagay sa ride natin yung mga HID bulbs? as stated by arb. bakit kaya hinddi satisfied yungg mga trooper, gen 2 and patrol owners?
    Last edited by promdiboy; November 5th, 2004 at 12:45 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes you can interchange HID color temp bulbs if they have the same D2S. Check your H4 adapter kit if D2R can be fitted properly.

HID kits are best suited for dim beams only. Not advisable for bright functions. You will need halogen aux lights to longer beams. HIDs lights are so intense, they can't produce enough beam length.

Eto po yung fusible link that are too sensitive for water damage. You will notice I used cable ties to attach them along with AC line. Para madaling balutin incase kelangan maglinis ng engine bay. The red & black wires are used for my winch power cords.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eto naman yung improvised ballast brackets mounted near fender wall and headlight assembly. Maikli kasi yung wire for the D2S bulb. Take note of the balck rubber tape I added for extra grip and tightness.

(Pasensya na talagang madumi engine bay ko)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eto naman yung sinasabi kong delikadong terminal ng buong HID kit. This should be properly attached ot the bulbs or risk getting electrocuted by the high voltage discharge to spark the xenon gas. Attaching it to the bulb can be tricky, best to mount it at 10o'clock position, then twist clockwise, locked position nyan pointing at 12o'clock.

Philips Ultinon HID Kit