New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hello guys, I am also planning to acquire HID kits but am planning to get CATZ brand since based on hidforum.com that these are the best and brightest brand available in the market.

Any suggestions please.

thanks,hello guys, I am also planning to acquire HID kits but am planning to get CATZ brand since based on hidforum.com that these are the best and brightest brand available in the market.

Btw the hi/lo movement they are using is stil the traditional moving up and down of the bulb. Asked them with regards ungas concern they say they enocunter no same problem (crack) so far.

Any suggestions please.

thanks,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    brightest depend sa model na kukunin mu just dont forget that as the color temperature goes up the lumens goes down but nevertheless mas malakas pa din sa halogen yun... yung mga 10000K medyo purple na yun 5500K is like sunlight ... so far yun yung balance between lumens and whiteness but nasa sayo pa din yun kung gusto mu kunin yung 7000K mas maputi wla nang hint of yellow.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dexter,

So, what do you suggest for use on a rainy night? The 5000K or the 7000K?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dexter: I am planning yung lowest lang since 4300k ba yun? ito ata yung nag eemit ng brightest or more useful light diba. Yung Mc Culloch na kit ano yung ballast and bulb? How does the H4 function?

thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    panu ba mag post dito ng file ? may file ako about this color temp. e... anyway you can email me your email address then sesend ko nalang sa inyo... depende sa use talaga but ang gitna is 5500K which is sunlight but i guess hangang 7000K pwede pa yung 8000K saka ung 10000K pang porma na tlaga kasi 8000 is blue & 10000K is purple na e lahat ng kit ko is McCulloch brand wla akong philips or hella bulb or ballast kasi di pwede yun chop chop di naman pinapayagan ng mga big co. gamitin mga piyesa nila e bawal yun. yung H4 Hi-Low beam ko is like what ungas is using may wings yung shiekd ng H4 so pag hi beam nag oopen yung wings to let more light out, instead of the other style which is parang yung reflector ang nigagalaw, which is really mahirap gamitin kasi buong light itataas nya, sa baba mawawalaan ng ilaw naman. ito more light will come out so sa baba meron pa din na dagdagan lang sa taas, but as ungas was saying hdi din substantial yung layo hdi magiging pencil beam na iththrow ng malayo yung ilaw... yung akin lang pwede mu palakasin kasi na tatangal yung shield sa tuktok para mas lalakas kung may reflector na yung car built in sa headlight. email or txt me if you have more questions, i would gladly send you more data. hid*post.com 9175342496

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir ungas aka lighting guru, sa kakaresearch ko about HID, decided na ako sa philips brand nalang. sa ebay ako naghanap. wala na daw hi/low ngayon dahil may issues daw. may mga nasisiraan daw. kaya puro sinle beam nalang daw. may uuwi kasi akong relative in 2 weeks kaya medyo kailangan ko na magdecide.

do we really need hi/low? sabi kasi sa tsikot threads hindi naman talaga ganun kalayo pag switched to high. can you please confirm this. is it worth the additional 10th para sa hi/low. medyo pricey na kasi. meron sila new color temp 5000k daw. para sa mga nahihirapan magdecide kung yellow or white. gaya ko, whta do you think.

madami nang info na-post regarding the upgrades to HID. From all the info I also gathered, if you will convert try not to go higher than 6000k which will give you the most light on the road. A combination lower fog lamp and higher driving lamps will, for most people solve the problem at a very reasonable price. For an H4 bulb, the best out there IMHO is the OSRAM SIlverstar +50%. You can see many sights sa Net giving this a very good review. I've tried the Philips Vision Plus (+30%) and even bought a PIAA sa U.S but the most light I got was with the Silverstar. You cant beat the price of Php 450 each or 900 for the pair. Sa Masangkay ko binibili yung mga bulbs ko. May mga iba lang naka HID nakaka-asar coz talagang nakatutok sayo yung ilaw. I think you have to adjust the headlights after installing an HID coz malakas talaga.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, there have been isssues involvong the hi-low beam on H4 single headlight assemblies. Di rin naman ganun kalaki ang naitutulong ng hi-beam ng HIDs. Yung sa akin ginawa ko na lang single beam. Then used the aux halogen lights to perform its bright mode.

If you can compare how the 4000, 5000 & 6000K differs from one another, get the 5000K it's the Sun's color temp. So you should be able to see clearly.

And yes, after installing HID bulbs, you will have to modify your headlight alignment and lower the beam projection a bit. To avoid glaring oncoming traffic. MAdami nang nagkakabit ng HIDs without knowing how to re-align their beams. KAya ang damign nagrereklamong motorists about HID. Kapabayaan ng iba, nadadamay tuloy ang maayos.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks garq and sir ungas. Will order the 5000k. your inputs are greatly appreciated.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yung 5000K ba yellow or white?

Philips Ultinon HID Kit