New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RedHorse::: Follow your heart. Ibang iba po talaga ang HID bulbs. :mrgreen:

On another note, the HYLOW bulbs are 35W only. With high and low beam. The adjustment is that the headlight focus on bright reaches farther than dim. But same output. It's like having a 35/35W bulb. :idea:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas: does that mean mas mainit pa ang operating temp ng HID against an ordinary bulb?? how come they claim na mas malamig daw ito than ordinary bulb???

feedback naman po kasi the reason why I want to change to HID is because I need the bright light but of course di mainit kasi plastic lang ang lenses ko.

thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpo
    Ungas: does that mean mas mainit pa ang operating temp ng HID against an ordinary bulb?? how come they claim na mas malamig daw ito than ordinary bulb???

feedback naman po kasi the reason why I want to change to HID is because I need the bright light but of course di mainit kasi plastic lang ang lenses ko.

thanks

Funny thing is, yun din pag kakaalam ko. :D Pero nung hinawakan ko po yung lens, I could barely touch it. Mainit po talaga yung lens after a 2 hour drive. Buti pa yung flosser bulbs na 130/110W bulbs ko noon, mainit sya pero natitiis ko po pag hinawakan yung lens. But that was from a Tamaraw FX housing. Maliit kasi yung housing na pinagkabitan ko ngayon, circular H4 housing ng Safari kaya contained yung init nya sa loob. :D On second thought, I'll try to gauge my other H4 bulbs baka nga mas mainit pa ito. :mrgreen: Mas maganda po talaga ang Xenon HID bulbs. You won't regret it.

Question: Ano po bang sasakyan pagkakabitan nyo :?:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,
    Pag sinabing HID kit, anong mga kasama doon. 2 Ballast + 2 Bulbs + ano pa?
    Maraming salamat.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ch0k0y
    Guys,
    Pag sinabing HID kit, anong mga kasama doon. 2 Ballast + 2 Bulbs + ano pa?
    Maraming salamat.
    It depends kung anong klaseng HID bulbs ang tinutukoy mo. :D Mga D2S bulbs which is one mode of lighting, 2 ballast plus wiring, 2 HID bulbs. No brackets included.

Pag yung may Hi-Low function naman, 2 ballast, 2 control box with complete wiring, 2 HID bulbs.

Control Box = eto yung nagswitch from hi to low beam.

Hope this helps. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas,
    that was a quick response. Thanks.
    Isang katanungan ulit.
    So kung gusto kung palitan stocks na Halogen headlamps ko, I would be choosing the one with high - Low Function by installing the ballast,control box and replacing the bulbs? Will I still need other accessories if need to change from Halogen to HID.
    Meron na kasi ako HID ballasts na pang D2S at saka pang D1R,D1S. Tried to install them pero nakakasilaw talaga. Baka me ini-install pa na pantakip sa gitna ng bulb.
    salamat ulit sa mga kasagutan mo nito.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ch0k0y::: You may want to check this site http://www.autolamps-online.com/gasd...low%20lamp.htm

Yan kasi yung nabili ko, it comes in a complete package, wirings attached to the control box and ballast. And you may also want to check the housing that it will be put in. D2S, D1R, D1S have different sizes. (I doubt if this bulbs will fit an H4 housing) The one I ordered comes with the H4 bulb that has cover on it. You wont need the extra accessories as long as your existing wires have relays you are safe with it. ( it will simply use your existing headlight controls for dim and bright mode. ) :D

The kit comes with a complete package that attaches to your existing H4 sockets. And it has its own positive and negative wires to be attached to your car battery.

So that upgrading from halogen to HID won't be as much difficult for the end users. You may want to add your own brackets for the ballast and control boxes as I find the double sided tapes attached a bit useless.

And may I add yung sample dyan sa link has black cover on the bulb, with the kit I got has chrome bulb cover. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Funny thing is, yun din pag kakaalam ko. :D Pero nung hinawakan ko po yung lens, I could barely touch it. Mainit po talaga yung lens after a 2 hour drive. Buti pa yung flosser bulbs na 130/110W bulbs ko noon, mainit sya pero natitiis ko po pag hinawakan yung lens. But that was from a Tamaraw FX housing. Maliit kasi yung housing na pinagkabitan ko ngayon, circular H4 housing ng Safari kaya contained yung init nya sa loob. :D On second thought, I'll try to gauge my other H4 bulbs baka nga mas mainit pa ito. :mrgreen: Mas maganda po talaga ang Xenon HID bulbs. You won't regret it.
    Kaya nga po High Intensity Discharge kaya super mainit. Now if fiber optic technology yan, yon ang walang init. :wink:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tanong ko lang peeps, mga ganong katagal lifespan ng HID bulb? :?:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    tanong ko lang peeps, mga ganong katagal lifespan ng HID bulb? :?:
    Nabasa ko sa isang website nasa 6000 hrs. daw ang lifespan ng HID bulbs. I might be wrong at this.

"An HID lamp will last, on the average, 3 to 5 times as long as a halogen bulb. In normal use, your HID bulb should last beyond one thousand ignitions." www.extreme-exposure.com/hid/faq-data.shtml

"The lifespan of an HID lamp average about 2700 hours or more and should outlast the automobile." www.extreme-exposure.com/hid/faq-data.shtml

While this site claims 2000+++ hours http://www.showparts.com/templates/HIDkit.htm NOTE: 8000K HID bulbs!

With IPF lights they claim: "Because there is no filament to
    break or disintegrate, the service life of an HID bulb is approximately
    3,000 hours, as opposed to a standard halogen bulb's lifespan of less than
    400 hours. " http://www.off-road.com/ford/reviews/ipf_hid/

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Philips Ultinon HID Kit