New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid::: hahaha!!! you got me there! :twisted:

it will be delivered by UPS daw. kaso di pa naman ako pinapadalhan ng tracking number. baka overnight shipping? yikes!!! :shock:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas::: rationalizing is a-ok! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: ako i try to justify mods and upgrades to myself, para hindi ko maramdaman masyado ang aking butas na bulsa hehehehe :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Pareho pala tayong waiting for something to arrive... me, its my Bosch headlamps for my grille..... due to arrive 1st week of december. Pare nakakatawa. The lights cost 24pounds-sterling sabay yung Shipping 30!!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Royal Mail Force parcel naman so medyo mabilis and reliable (i hope :| ). I cant wait to see your new lights in action pre!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    diba free shiping sa autolamps? so no need to worry.

ungas, you'll be the envy of many on the road. ayos yan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid::: I used to think budget-wise before doing any mods, ayun I get the cheaper brand and end up buying another for poor quality. :D

ASTIG::: sir, included na yata yung shipping sa indicated price nila. Mas masusulit ko lang if they won't add shipping charge when delivered it here. I also envy vehicles equiped with HID, I know the feeling. :mrgreen:

Question:

Do you think old glass halogen housing will greatly affect the LM power of the bulb compared to plastic raybrig clear lens housing :?: (para di halatang naka HID bulb ang loob, low profile baga)
    How about the normal operating temperature, will the heat cause bubble build up on the lens housing :?:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Update:

Guys! The shipment arrived yesterday 12/03/02, sakto papunta akong Tower of David magpapaayos ng alternator. Damn alternator costs 8K for a reproduced locally! Ang original umaabot ng 18K :shock:

Then I talked to one of the technicians if they could install it for me, luckily he obliged with 500 pesos attached for labor. Andali lang ikabit! Just like an add on accessory kit, naka-abang lahat ng wires, merong male connector which connects to your existing headlight terminal. As for the power of the ballast, control box and HID Xenon Bulb independent positive and negative terminals. You just have to look for a sweet spot where to put the control box and ballast box. And additional metal brackets for extra hold. (they have double sided tapes on the boxes which I find useless.) There is also a note that tells you not to put it near engine heat, manifolds and radiators. It took us about 3 hours to install the complete kit.

Now for the performance, when the bulb is cold, it illuminates the 6000K bluish color, then after a while ang the xenon gas gets charged, about 10-20 secs turn into 4100K white. (As in super white! I have full windshield tint and it still reflects some glare especially when a stainless jeep is infront of me) Then I tried the bright function and it works! Ang galing galing!!! Ang liwa-liwanag na pag nag drive ako sa gabi. I won't have to put optional fog lamps. There's also no need to adjust your current headlight alignment. Ooohh!!! Berfore I forget, I fitted those bulbs in an old H4 Halogen housing. Sayang kung papalitan ko ng clear lens housing agad. But from the looks of those bulbs, mas liliwanag pa if fitted with the right housing. :D :D :D

On a side note, I was thinking what if I got the 6000K kit? Hmmm.. mas maporma pa siguro. :twisted: Performance wise, mas maganda pa rin ang 4100K, it really show the real color at night. And one more note from the package, these lights are used for offroading and racing performance only. Use if applicable to laws. :D

As for the expenses, di ko pa nakikita credit card bill, kaya medyo suspense, hehehe. Bad trip ang customs they charged me 2,400 for customs duties and taxes! Anything declared over $100 value will be charged for taxes according to the deliveryman.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is good news...

Anyway, just asked them, today, kung safe ito sa plastic na headlight, sa E150 ikakabit, mostly, eto yong pang long drive, and night time pa. :lol:

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Ungas,

Did you use the services of http://www.e-2-door.com for your order?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RedHorse::: You just gave me an idea, I'll try to check the operating temperature of the headlights later.

FrankDrebin::: Nope, I haven't heard that yet. What's pros and cons does it offer?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas::: congrats pare! actually nabalitaan ko kay Larry na naka HID ka na before i hit the boards. Cant wait to see your bright lights :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid::: Thanks! I also know that you are itching to buy it too... hehehe :mrgreen: Go ahead! It's worth the money instead of buying those almost HID look bulbs. The 6000K is much cooler than the 4100K. :mrgreen:

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Philips Ultinon HID Kit