New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Naka pakabit ka na ng manual boost controller?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di pa ser. After christmas na lang po siguro. Inaantay ko yung sa 2211 e. but actually i kinda lost interest. Medyo nasagot ko na po yung almost philosophical question na "HOW MUCH POWER DO I REALLY NEED?" :lol: I found out..... "NOT MUCH". But still, if i have excess cash, ill go for one.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah, kala ko nakabili ka na, I installed a boost gauge recently, and the normal boost at full throttle is 10 psi, I installed washers on the wastgate actuator and raised the boost to 12 psi now, im still testing how this is affecting the engine, so far I could really feel the difference, the pickup accelerates harder than before.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah ok. How much did the install cost..... im starting to get interested again :D More importantly, where did you have it done?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did it myself, like i said before I just needed a boost gauge to monitor the boost, I bought a second hand autometer boost gauge and installed it to see what the original boost was, and installed washers on the wastegate actuator can, I even canvased how much a new wastgate actautor is it's around 4,700 peos, anyway im planning to get the boost up to 15 psi but i think the blow off valve can't take it and the air fuel ratio would be too lean, maybe a plus 3 psi is good enough heck ill settle for the 12 psi I have now. it cost around hmmm 2500 for the gauge 4 meters of rubber hose for 240 and the washers were around 10 peso bought a small bag of washers so all in all cost me 2750 that is with the gauge, with out it its only 10 pesos hehehehe :D well of course that without the labor charge. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WOWEEE! Grabe! Sir, what was the stock boost? Ive been looking at my actuator and i cant figure out where to put the washers..... sana po you could post some pics :D

The P10 boost upgrade :D Napaka inspiring po!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stock boost was at 10 psi full throttle, thats on second gear i dont know what rpm coz i don't have a tachometer, the washers were place in between the wastgate bracket and the intake mainfold, so the wasgate is set higher thus compressing the spring inside the wastegate can, so more boost is needed to force or push the wastegate open. ill try to take some pics.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok... thanks sir yellow

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want I can install washers on your actuators, just dont know how it will affect the life of the wastgate actautor.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmmm..... thanks a lot sir yellow.... :D but im still thinking kung saan ilalagay yung boost meter. Gusto ko po kasi medyo tago. I really appreciate the offer sir..... :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
To pejerokid