New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Where did you buy the rubber hose cap? I'm planning to that also on my 4D56.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa aking suking auto supply. :D ten bucks. its for h20 pipes.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pajerokid,

Ahhh I just finished installing the breather also, I bought it for 200 pesos, I cut a rubber hose and stuck a bolt into it and used it to shut the hole coming from the intake hose. what kind of effect did it had on your engine?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yellow,

mas malakas ng kaunti yung power, but there is a slight increase in vibration in the morning. Yung sa akin, oil mismo ang bumubulwak e medyo nag dri-drip sa breather. Is yours the same? :?:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had the breather for 2 days pa lang di naman nag dridrip so far, malamang may mag dridrip din yan sooner or later so linis linis lang ang katapat, sa vibration i havent noticed a difference sa power naman no difference din, sa usok lang nabawasan ang usok.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think blowby uli yung engine ko. No smoke sa tambucho pero ang lakas ng Exhaust gas na lumalabas sa head. Baka makuha sa adjust ng tappets. i read this somewhere.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ba kaka overhaul lang ng engine mo? sobra naman yan kung blow by na, I'll post my observations with in the week, 2 days palang nakakabit ang breather, and usual travell ko in a day is 14 kms back and forth na yon.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oo nga e. I think there's a problem with the valve guides. Sayang overhaul

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I installed an oil catch can with a return line to the intake tubing to eliminate oil blowby.

The EGR is there to recirculate oil blowby back to the engine for reduced emmisions BUT if you did disconnect the EGR completely (what is done on race cars) it will have no effect on your emmisions as tested from the exhaust tailpipe. This is because the oil blowby is vented directly to the atmosphere and hence is not measured. It reduces overall emmissions in a vehicle because the oil blowby is harmful to the environment.

Oil blowby going back to the combustion chamber increases the chances of detonation (in gas powered vehicles, not sure about diesels) because it affects the gas' octane content.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
IS IT OK TO SHUT OFF PCV/EGR ????