New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello peeps!

Is it alright to kill the Positive Crankshaft Ventilation / Exhaust Gas Recirculation in a 4D56TdIc? My reason for this is that i dont want oil to accumulate in the intercooler (please look for "Oil in intercooler" thread for some background info)

Im planning to remove the hose from the cylinder head cover to the turbo intake hose, and plugging the nipples.

What will be the effects? positive or negative. As always, comments appreciated :wink:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's not good to close up the hole, the pressure in the cylinder head cover will have no where to go, I suggest you install a filter on the hole of the PCV. its like a small air filter.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yellow:: Like the K&N breather sir? ok But how will doing that affect performance kaya? Is it bad for diesels? Ty

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di naman siguro what the PCV does is it helps the engine warm up faster, so i guess it just wont warm up that fast in the morning, it would probably help when the engine is on load that it wont add heat to the air coming in the engine. By the way my boost is up to 13 psi now, it kicks really hard now, and i can hear the turbo spin, turbo lag has been lessen considerably the turbo probably kicks in at around 2000 rpm, just a guess though dont have a tachometer hehehe :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yellow:: sir kamusta naman ang konsumo ng L200 nyo?

-On PCV, ive read that this is to reduce deadly emissions, so its probably not a great idea if youre going to have your vehicle tested :mrgreen:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    consumption is around 9-10 km/L pag di mabigat paa ko, mga 8 km/L kung mabigat. i really felt the difference from the +3 psi, mas mabilis mag spool ang turbo, i even set it back to 10 psi just to test kung may difference, medyo nakakapanibago lang kasi pag around 5 psi up talagang sumisipa na, maybe thats around 2500 rpm.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok :D ty sir Yellow

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    update::: i killed my car's pcv/egr by putting in a cheap simota whatchamacallit exhaust thingie. Yung parang air filter na mini. i'll report what'll happen to fuel consumption and performance in two weeks time.

yun lang. peace.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid,

pakita naman ng pics of the breather filter. I'll be taking pics of the mod i did on the wastegate actuator this weekend ill send them to you soon.

Yellow

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Yellow,

pics can be found on http://www.pbase.com/mann2/egr

i used the rubber egr hose which came with my simota filter. i bought a simota breather P250. I was initially impressed coz merong kaunting power increase (no kidding). And less visible black smoke. DI po joke ito, i know its sounds too good t be true but it is :D

Plus, di na mag-aaccumulate yung oil sa turbo at sa intercooler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
IS IT OK TO SHUT OFF PCV/EGR ????