New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Drab
    ungas,
    good to hear you are joining.
    since you know where "Salakot" at Clark's main gate is, can you lead the convoy from shell NLEX up to the meeting place?

6 vehicles na tayo.
    afrasay, kcboy, Pj-XTC, ungas, lc80, Olive Drab.

sana may sumama pa.

Olive Drab::: Sure thing sir! I can lead these mammoth sized SUVs anywhere in Clark. :mrgreen: Wag lang po sa tarmac ng airport kasi di pa tayo nakakakuha ng clearance for take off and landing, nyahahaha :D

And do include may special patient si sir pajerokid on your list, I will perform his 6th bypass operation on the cliffs of Mt. Pinatubo. :mrgreen: If ever the operation fails pwede natin gamitin pataba sa mga trees and plants dun. (joke lang po sir Armand!)

To all concerned::: We, Ungas, lc80 and KCboy have agreed to meet in Shell NLEX at exactly 0300 hrs. It is after the Petron Marilao Exit. Based from information gathered, meeting time on Giant Salakot with other offroaders is 0430 hrs. Be there or be square. :mrgreen:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jon et al.::: i really hope i could join...... kaso meron akong seminar e. Bumbay kasi nagco-conduct e.... hindi ata niya nire-recognize yung Nov 30 as a holiday

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    jon et al.::: i really hope i could join...... kaso meron akong seminar e. Bumbay kasi nagco-conduct e.... hindi ata niya nire-recognize yung Nov 30 as a holiday

Sheeeeessssh :!: It's a holiday, better confirm it first before saturday comes. Baka walang seminar sayang din yung pag iintay mo sa pix na makukunan namin, hehehe :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pare it was announced last saturday pa.....badtrip talaga......... :|

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    pare it was announced last saturday pa.....badtrip talaga......... :|

Oh, ok... I guess the 6th bypass operation will hafta be cancelled 'til further notice. :mrgreen:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what are the things to bring?

para handa na ako ng gamit....

which means one thing: sama ako!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OliveDrab::: For the trek:
    do you suggest hiking shoes or teva type sandals, extra sock? Long sleeves t-shirts or sleeveless? pants or shorts, are there bushes, trees or little vegetation?are we going to pass flooded streams. i for one suggest fishing or cowboy hats or the famous salakot.

tebats:::water, change of clothes. i would likely bring only sandwiches, candies, chocolates and water. sunglasses and a small umbrella. cameras w/ lots of memory or films asa100.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afrasay,
    last year, i wore hiking shoes with socks. it became uncomfortable to me after soaking it when we crossed streams of water. im going to wear sandals this time.
    shorts would be fine, no need to pull up when crossing streams.
    there were some bushes and small trees near the crater but not along the way.
    lets just hope the weather will be cloudy.

Ungas,
    as per experience last year, participants started arriving at 5am. pinoy-style... we left the salakot almost 6am and started to trek at 10am. medyo malayo pa kasi ang bgy.sta juliana, capas and there was a short briefing at the bgy. hall.
    it was a convoy of around 50 vehicles last year. most were jeeps and lanc cruiser 40s. i expect to see more subic 4x4s this year. dont worry, kasya lahat sa may salakot.

tebats,
    bring food, lots of water, extra clothings, towel, trash bags, camera, rain gear. chairs and table esp. if you are not hiking.

7 vehicles na ba tayo? (Ungas, lc80, tebats, afrasay, Pj-XTC, kcboy, me)
    anybody planning to stay in angeles friday night?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Olive:::if i remember it right che2 lazaro and the probe team were stranded last time they went there, unplanned overnight stay. maybe they started late or got lost. i don't know if it's the same route.

got to bring flashlight too.

my wife and i will be staying at the Oasis (post 11th anniversary date) on friday early evening. we'll be checking out on sunday. balita ko may massage clinic doon.:mrgreen:

i like this feeling excited and at the same time apprehensive (kaya ko ba?).:roll:
    feelings like this makes you feel young like Otep.:mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oasis! oo may massage dun sa tabi, may beers din dun (the Pub) check out sunday! woohooooo

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Nov.30 update