New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the problem with digital cameras taking pictures of violators is how the pics were taken. Red light cameras in the USA and everywhere else only take pictures when a car breaks the redlight law but with the MMDA, how sure are we on the "truthfulness" of the pics taken?

As usual, since the pics are digital, its also possible to harrass the owner/driver of the car by blackmailing him: we'll give the pics to the MMDA or give me P500... if you give him P500, he'll delete the pics.

I'd rather have my polarized license plate covers.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK the traffic light cams here are used to monitor traffic flow and not to catch traffic violators.

I just wonder... paano nila huhulihin yung mga bagets na naka euro plates??? hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by RedHorse
    ghost,

ha, ha, I know what ur thinking...

kahit nga plate number cover lang, basta on angles, puti na lang makikita nila
    plate number cover itself isn't effective when it's cloudy nor if the sun is low or if the car is in the shadows. Polarized license plate covers are more effective. An alternative would be 3M magic black tint. Super black is too dark and medium is too light.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pajerokid
    AFAIK the traffic light cams here are used to monitor traffic flow and not to catch traffic violators.

I just wonder... paano nila huhulihin yung mga bagets na naka euro plates??? hehehe
    ...and those pesky cars/SUVs/sport-trucks/etc which have "Mayor/vice-mayor/etc" plates and try to counter-flow traffic to avoid waiting to get to the intersection while loudy blaring their sirens & flashing red & blue lights. And those other cars with no license plates at all, usually very expensive cars like audi, benz, porsche, jaguar, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
No-Contact Apprehension Policy To Include Private Vehicles