New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hey peeps! just a simple question. im sure youre all good at this and i just need your suggestions.

I have a 1991 mazda b2200 and i would like to find out how far you can adjust the torsion bars to get its maximum height.

Also, what are the disadvantages of doing this kind of adjustment on torsion bars?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
    :D

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    welcome to tsikot.

a 1.5 - 2 inch lift would be on the safe side. anymore than 2 inches and you're in for a bone jarring ride as downward articulation will suffer.

you should also have the bumpstops (located in the upper A arm) shaved to recover some of the lost downward articulation. and don't forget to have a wheel alignment after cranking up your TB's.

hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm also in the same predicament. i'll have it fix when i get back next week.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hi peeps. Thanks for your responses. I appreciate it! =)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir halaman,
    a 2 inch lift by turning the torsion bars is ok, pero kung gusto pa up to 3 1/2 pwede pa din kaya lang sabi nga ni sir paj4x4 grabe ang tagtag.
    yung b22 namin ganyan ginawa pero after a while pinabalik namin uli to stock setting kasi kalog lahat pati utak ng nakasakay.
    nag pa-body lift kami kay gary of KNW shop sa pampanga, wow "4x4 look" na. . .
    kaya lang 4x2 lang talaga tayo
    PM me for details of other projects on a B22. . .
    si sirs rolandml and rodcarolino may ride na kapareho natin
    Last edited by atongk; August 7th, 2004 at 11:57 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1.5 inches is perfect for me imho

Newbie here! Just a question on torsion bars