New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess I have to focus filling up Shell for 4 straight full refills to feel the difference.

Kasi what I do now is every week I do full refill... first 3 weeks of the month Petron, and 4th week Shell. Based on that scenario, mejo mas mahina hatak ng Shell Diesoline.

OT: I've always wanted to try Caltex. Is it good?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    up ko lang baka may add pa kayo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    me Shell and Caltex, but for now i concentrate using Shell for a month so that I can see the difference.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    been using caltex power diesel for months now after months of using shell and petron (both for about 4 months each. for me, caltex among the three because it has the highest cetane rating at 52%. petron d-max and shell diesoline ultra both has 50% but i'll give another shot at shell diesoline ultra(new daw eh) for about 3 months to see if there would be any difference.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    i've been using Caltex power diesel for more than a month and a half on my fuego averaging 9-9.2km/ltr city driving. yesterday (after reading this thread last week) i filled up my tank with almost 50 ltrs of Shell diesoline ultra. parang may difference kaagad sa hatak, mas mabilis ang acceleration ngayon and noticeably, mas smooth yung menor at idle nya. i hope this will continue to be so at hindi ko lang ini-imagine. hoping also that it will translate to better mileage per liter... will give updates on my next full tank.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    updates lang... nag-improve ng konti yung consumption ko from 9.2 to about 9.3km/ltr and this from almost 300km distance measured. yung hatak at smoothness ng engine (compared to before) ay mas okay din. however, since nabasa ko yung thread tungkol sa biodiesel, i'm going to give it a try also. i'll be getting my BD this afternoon and will try the initial 5% blend. hope i'll also get favorable results. btw, BD here in Negros is sold at P120/ltr Senbel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
new shell diesoline ultra?