New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wulf pm mo naman sa akin kung magkano score mo...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    congrats wulf!

blessing in disguise nga. ;)

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf
    been recently going on out of town trips kc w/ some of our clients for photoshoots...kakahiya coz either siksikan kami or they bring their own car...great timing din coz 2 days after i got it my balikbayan cousin & her family visited us,so 2 families of four kami plus my mom kasyang kasya going all over the metro...plus, gas is at P38, diesel at P 33 (PUV lane ako sa Seaoil..hehe)...so P100km on my matic sedan is P475, on the safari assuming it's 6km/l that's P549, P74 peso difference lang! i don't know about you guys but for me that's more than worth it

well actually matipid sa diesel ang TD-42 engine ng safari, yung safari namin nagkakarga lang kmi ng P600 worth of diesel kapag nagbyahe kmi from pampanga - manila. may sobra pa paguwi. malakas din ang torque ng safari, you can feel the body rise everytime you let go of the clutch! kaya lang medyo lumakas yung sa iyo kasi naka A/T ka, yung amin manual, ingat ka lang bro sa makina mo at mahal ang spare parts ng safari. ngayon, salamat sa katangahan ng driver ni erpat....ayun nakajunk lang sa bahay nmin yung safari. nagoverheat at nagcrack ang engine block.....naghanap kmi ng bgo engine...P 125,000 pesos ang cheapest surplus na nakita namin! kaya ngyon yung safari namin nagiipon nalang ng alikabok sa bahay...sayang.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ei guys! was finally able to upgrade my exalta to a 95 nissan safari!
    just traded it in and added cash, got great value on both, thank God

in case you were wondering about the subtitle, it's not about pacquiao & erik morales,it's a reference to a certain 'seedy' character in a thread i started in the goon squad forum...hehe

anyways, t'was a blessing in disguise cause the unit i got was in waaay better condition than that one, aside from much lower mileage that was untouched...just wanna update those who followed that thread and expressed their support...thanks guys!

so here are some pics in the car gallery:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/gallery/show...cat/500/page/1

what i've had done so far:
    change oil (conoco semi, 11 liters!), oil & fuel filter, tint (mahal!), alarm, 3M undercoat, stebel nautilus ....also had 2 buy side mirrors & 1 tail light...loaded w/ biodiesel of course!

what i like:seating capacity of a van, looks and performance of an SUV...R-E-S-P-E-C-T on the road from jeepney & bus drivers!

cons: waay too big, can't park where i used to, can't drive like i used to...

overall, very happy & satisfied, can't wait to go on an out-of-town trip w/ the family...

safari owners, has anyone changed the steering wheel to one of those momo ones?i find the stock way too big.also,what's your consumption?coming from a matic, my 1st coupla days i did only 5km/l...now that i've adjusted & loaded biodiesel, it's 6-6.5 city...is that normal? any other suggestions on how to improve it? do you have difficulty shifting gears sometimes? (it takes effort going into 1st from tym to tym, maybe its just me,haven't driven a manual in 2 years!) many thanks again to everyone, God bless!
    congrats! "all good things come to he who waits"

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks again to everyone! nung una disillusioned na ko e,but got encouraging feedback so still pursued it.... next on my list:leather seat cover, probably another stebel (ort maybe an NBA or NFL horn), tire cover, racing filter...sir glennster, next project pala namin ni ronald to, balak ko to get a racing filter from the shop & have it rigged like your ride before. do you recommend this or should i just get a drop-in?parang mas expensive drop in though....guys,anyone know where to get drop in filter for the safari & how much?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    congrats sir wulf! :D

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    congrats wulf! now i miss my safari...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks again to everyone! nung una disillusioned na ko e,but got encouraging feedback so still pursued it.... next on my list:leather seat cover, probably another stebel (ort maybe an NBA or NFL horn), tire cover, racing filter...sir glennster, next project pala namin ni ronald to, balak ko to get a racing filter from the shop & have it rigged like your ride before. do you recommend this or should i just get a drop-in?parang mas expensive drop in though....guys,anyone know where to get drop in filter for the safari & how much?
    sir when i installed knn..mas nakatipid ako ng filter. 550 kasi ang air filter niyan. bili ko sa knn 3,700.900 yun charger kit.used it for 4 years.hanggang ngayon buhay pa.

sa dalas ko mag change oil and filters..mas sulit sakin ang cone type.

wala nga lang kaming knn..you might have to buy it in another store.

yung mga busina madami kami niyan.hehehe

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    wow congrats ,sir wulf,
    sabi na sa iyo dami pa diyan sa tabi tabi ,
    mas maganda pa ang nakuha mo

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sarap talaga ng feeling pag may new acquisition. hehe. congratulations and enjoy your SUV

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
My New Ride! (subtitled:A Can of Whoopass for morales)