New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wombat,
    No problem using mineral again. What's your ride?
    Why do you want to switch back to mineral?
    I'd like to have shorter interval between change oils, besides mas cheaper ang mineral and I didn't notice much difference with synthetics. Para sa Fieldmaster...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    ...para sa Fieldmaster..... i don't know much about the advantages and disadvantages to th engine between minerals and synthetics. ang nagustuhan ko lang dun sa paliwanag ng casa eh yung after 10k na ang balik ko sa kanila. sa katulad kong bakasyonista lang ay pabor sa akin yung less ang dalaw sa casa. if you have time, mas maganda talaga yung mas madalas ang change ng oil sa makina. nyway nasa carnapper na yung Fieldmaster kaya bahala na sya kung ano oil gamitin nya. :mrgreen:
    sa bagong Pajero ay mineral na pinagamit ng anak ko. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happiman
    ... nyway nasa carnapper na yung Fieldmaster kaya bahala na sya kung ano oil gamitin nya. :mrgreen:
    you sure have a good way at looking at the bright side all the time :lol: :cry: :lol: naiinspire ako sa pananaw niyo sa buhay.

I read in one article about a guy in the US who logged a good 15 years sa kanyang car (which I forgot what model was it)...inabot na ng dalawang round ng ikot ang kayang kilometer reading..... whose engine was never even brought down (even palit piston ring never) in that entire span of time....."I NEVER change type of oil but did regular change of oil and filters at the proper intervals"

For his car model the interval of change oil was 3,000km. His oil was mineral base and nothing fancy (non-synthetic).

Bottomline, he said that putting different oils in the engine would just make the engine behave differently everytime....kasi daw iba-iba ang oil properties between types/brands even if they are classified to be the same class.

that's his 2 cents.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anong mineral based oil ba ang pinakamaganda? gusto ko kasi every 5K ang oil change, sayang naman kung synthetic oil ang gamitin.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    get the recommended specs for your engine (sa manual), usually its what the casa uses for your ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
mineral to synthethic