New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't take it the wrong way, the suspension is tuned to handle bigger loads than cars can take, but they're still basically car suspension... comparable siguro to suspensions on big sedans, and they aren't designed to articulate for going over large obstacles or deep ruts (no, they won't break right away, but it's not good for them).

Don't expect them to be like the "drive-and-forget" old Jeeps, trucks and SUVs, with suspension members as thick as your arms (that's an exaggeration, but a good comparison).

Basta lang hindi heavy-off-roading, at puro mga lubak lang, with the higher-rated springs and thicker tires (wag kang mag-low-profile... ), they should be okay.

I'm not sure about the size of the RAV4's tires, I think they may not be as cushioning as those on the CRV and Escape.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    thanks...

yung rav 4 ba sa camry galing platform or corolla lang? kase kung camry sabi sa motioncar eh rav 4 is not a good replacement for midsize sedan but rather compact sedan while crv and escape can be considered as replacement for mid size..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The old RAV4 is about compact size... it's only the new one that approaches the size of the CRV and Escape (kaya lang, ang mahal!)... that's why the old RAV4 had better fuel economy than the CRV, because it was smaller (the first generation CRV's consumption is slightly better than the current one, but it's also quite small in comparison...)

Best bet for you is to bring your family along when you check these cars out and see what fits you... or, to be precise, what you fit in...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sir thanks...actually single pa rin ako..hehhe..that's why isip ko kung rav 4 would be just enough for me though gusto ko pa rin na it can be used for utility na hakot gamit pag minsan...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not sure about the current RAV4's. But the early RAV4's used the AWD system of a Camry mated to Corolla suspension bits. Actually the whole car is made out of off-the-shelf parts to keep costs low. Most of the RAV4-specific parts are either trim or exterior parts.

A mid-size SUV has classically been the Trooper and Pajero. Of course, the local market considers them as 'big' already. The Escape and CR-V (up to GEN II) are still considered compacts no matter what the ahente tells you.

No point dwelling in the art of vehicle classification, just get one that fits you.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    thanks..

siguro nga try ko nalang test drive para i could really get a feel ng ride..

ala ba news kung maglalabas ng 4x2 version ang vitara 2006?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala po as of now. Yung APV talaga ang people carrier ng Suzuki. Hindi sya SUV but the suspension is closer to that of a pick up truck than of a car.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    hmmmm...sayang di sila maglabas ng 4x2 para medyo mas mura konti..

in terms of long drive rav4 vs escape which is fun and comfy to drive? kase i drive from manila to tarlac almost every weekend...though mag isa lang ako parati..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Suzuki APV: Pick-up like suspension, yeah... and according to a clubmate, it rides like one! Still, a very cost-effective people mover, but it might lose sales now that the Avanza is here.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    anybody who knows kung iba nga suspension ng 2003 sa 2004 rav4? ano main diff or improvements kung meron man

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
midsize SUV or crossover