New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    thanks again po sa mga inputs...to answer some questions..

mid size suv too big for me...still no family and single..so masyado malaki sya for me...

i love the new vitara pero out of picture kase can't afford...in fact i would put this sa first list ko if i can afford it..

as for the xtrail di ko masyado gusto porma just like the crv and tribute..

so kung talagang magpipili ako eh between rav 4 and escape siguro... i like escape kase somehow higher ground clearance plus suspension is good enough to at least be capable ng unting offroad..plus i like din yung porma nya...my only concern sa sasakyan na ito eh yung durability nya kase baka sakit sa ulo pag maintain nito kung madali masira..maybe i can live with the aircon but not yung parating sakit ulo sa pag maintain..

rav 4 i like the porma and i heard good handling dahil sa low ground clearance nya...though sabi not good suspension so can't go offroad (when i say offroad eh mga tipo lang beach locations na may occassional rough roads pero mahaba and rocky roads talaga just like that of laluz in batangas).. plus parang medyo kawawa din rav 4 sa mga baha sa sobrang baba nya...but im considering it for the simple reason na alam kong toyota ito and alam kong durable and reliable ang pagkagawa..

so bottomline if the escape's weakness is not really bad then i might go for escape pero kung sakit sya ulo later on eh i'd sacrifice yung strengths nya and go for rav 4...

what you think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vitara is around Php400-500 nowadays.

Alam ko yung kay jaycrew was around Php450k, naka-Old Man Emu shocks na.
    Full ladder frame and dual range just like the big guys. Off-roding will not be a problem unless hardcore ka talaga. Oh, the underbody is armored, too.

Calmini's [ http://www.puresuzuki.com/grand_vitara2.htm ] poster boy:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ay sir...sori di ko nalinaw..i only like the 06 grand vitara...the old ones ayaw ko looks kaya not an option..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Too bad. Because if you're reaslly concerned about road quality where you will be driving, it'll be less of a problem than the Escape.

The thing with crossovers and CUVs (Escape, CRV, RAV4) is that their suspensions are car-based (albeit modified) and designed mostly for on-road use, so if you subject them to too much abuse, you'll have the same issue as with cars... Unlike pickups, AUV-based SUVs (Everest, Alterra, Fortuner) and full-sized SUVs (Pajero, etcetera) which have heavyweight and durable suspensions.

The Vitara, while being the same size as other CUVs, is very heavy-duty underneath... thus, it rides in a truck-like manner compared to the CUVs, but it can definitely take abuse.

But if you really want to limit yourself to CUVs, the Escape/Tribute pair aren't a bad choice... a little more sure-footed than the CRV, but you'll probably have similar underchassis issues after a year's driving on rough roads.

But if your driving is only on lumpy dirt roads, any of these CUVs will do.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    But if your driving is only on lumpy dirt roads, any of these CUVs will do. --> siguro mga hanggang ganitong conditions lang...but then yung nga sabi sa review yun daw escape ang mas ok pag sa ganitong conditions and crv and rav4 are better left sa city use daw...pero if you guys think na rav4 will do just fine sa mga lumpy road eh i guess pdeng ito nalang kunin ko given na i won't have any doubts sa durability nya being toyota..

pero question..yung pong corolla at rav 4 ano mainly diff sa suspension nila since rav4 is somewhat improved in suspension compare sa corolla itself?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    what i like about the escape/tribute is the ride.

for the la luz type of dirt road, an ordinary sedan can go thru that kind of road without problem. on a CUV, you can drive faster without feeling much of the road vibrations.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sir correct ka sa statement mo that any sedan will do just fine sa mga road conditions like dun sa papuntang laluz however kawawa ang kotse sa ganun so what im hoping would be a CUV that could easily traverse sa mga ganun road conditions and with the suspension na at least desgin for that kase if not kawawa lang ang suspension talaga...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pero pareho lang naman ang design ng suspension ng cute ute at ng sedan. hehehe. Yung RAV4 dati galing sa Camry, yung sa CR-V naman galing sa Civic.

Ang advantage ng cute ute is the higher ground clearance. But they are not made out of significantly tougher bits as the ads and marketing make us believe.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    really? so as in ni walang improvement sa suspension ng mga CUV? you mean gnaun kaganda ang suspension ng 626 na mazda dati kaya ang escape eh mas maganda sa offroad kesa rav 4 at civic?

as in ground clerance at gulong lang ang binago? hehhe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The suspension design is the same, some part numbers are shared. Of course the suspension is retuned to carry a heavier load and to allow for towing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
midsize SUV or crossover