New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Mga sirs, where can I request a copy for Periodic Maintenance Schedule for Mazda model 1998 pick-up (Diesel). The one which has a tabulated activities versus the running km or period which ever comes first.

I shall greatly appreciate if any one can provide me an electronic copy of said schedule.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i think sa mazda mismo you can request one.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Sir:

Sorry for the late reply but I only recently saw your post.

I still have the original owner's manual for my 1998 Mazda B2500 diesel pick-up. The maintenance matrix is in the back. If you set an appointment I can let you xerox the pages you need.

Kta tayo sa UP Shopping Center (duon mura ang pagpa Xerox).

My cellphone number is 0916 549 8306.

I also use (and sell !!!!) a very effective diesel fuel additive. Pls inform me if you are interested in trying it out.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    Mga sirs, where can I request a copy for Periodic Maintenance Schedule for Mazda model 1998 pick-up (Diesel). The one which has a tabulated activities versus the running km or period which ever comes first.

I shall greatly appreciate if any one can provide me an electronic copy of said schedule.

Hi!

Do you still have your mazda pickup truck? How is it doing now?

Well, the periodic maintenance basically is the same for most vehicles like:

1. oil change every 5000km or 5months, whichever comes first. this includes changing the oil filter and air filter. fuel filters i believe would be changed every 10000km.

2. tire rotation every 5000km.

3. fan belt replacement every 2 years.

4. aircon checkup every year.

5. radiator coolant change every year.

6. transmission oil, front axle (4wd) and rear axle oil (SAE90) every 2 years.

i also own a mazda. '88 model. 4wd.

thanks,
    ronn

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by azzkkr2600 View Post
    Hi!

Do you still have your mazda pickup truck? How is it doing now?

Well, the periodic maintenance basically is the same for most vehicles like:

1. oil change every 5000km or 5months, whichever comes first. this includes changing the oil filter and air filter. fuel filters i believe would be changed every 10000km.

2. tire rotation every 5000km.

3. fan belt replacement every 2 years.

4. aircon checkup every year.

5. radiator coolant change every year.

6. transmission oil, front axle (4wd) and rear axle oil (SAE90) every 2 years.

i also own a mazda. '88 model. 4wd.

thanks,
    ronn
    Do you have the Periodic Maintenance Manual for 1999 B2500 pick-up?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Sirs:

Yes I still have my 1998 Mazda B2500 pickup and still have the original owner's manual. Its doing fine. I still get 11-12 km/liter in the city. I regularly bring my mom and dad to Ateneo with it.

The maintenance schedule listed by azzkkr2600 is basically correct, although the manual lists oil changes at 6000 km, I change at 5000 km anyway.

Also, because I'm very careful about fanbelt adjustment, I haven't replaced my fanbelts - alternator or aircon (no need to yet!) in about 8 years or more, you just have to know how to adjust them.

The only coolant I use in my radiator is plain old distilled water (from a 6 liter jug of Absolute) from which I drain 1 liter a month or so to flush out the dirt.

As to the transmission oils, I also use SAE 90 for the transmission, but use a lower viscosity oil in the differential (SAE 80 or 85) so as to lower friction and rolling resistance.

Check your tire pressure every week (I keep my at 40 psi!), and your battery water every 3 months or so.

Check your fuel/water separator every 4 to 6 months, because the fuel in this country is notoriously dirty. In fact I use a clear plastic filter from a Mercedes-Benz 240D to see the quality of the fuel I'm buying.

I replace my fuel filter and clean my strainer every 5000 km just to be sure.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

PS - I make, use (and sell) my own diesel fuel additive PM me if you are interested.

Mazda 1998 pick up