New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dakila7,

Actual test takes less than 10 minutes. I'm not too familiar with the machine they use. They would clip on a probe at the tip of your exhaust and rev your vehicle up to 3K rpm. They do this 5 times. A print out comes out of the machine that shows your score on the 5 reps.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3K RPM??? hmmm ma try ko nga...
    sana yung machine hindi corrupt :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    KimpOy,

Mataas ba yun o mababa...yung rpm?:roll:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ser Zhero,

10 minutes, mabilis naman pala eh... 3k-rpm 5 times, I believe for diesels that is on the high side.

ser kimpOy,

check muna natin yung machine kung may bulsa... :wink:

hehehe!!:lol:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir Dakila7, i think mabait pa yun mga nagtest sa akin. Yung ibang napansin ko last year sumisigaw na diesel engines nila eh

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kim, dakila, zhero:

my 2 cents... 3000rpm in a diesel medyo mataas na yon! ang maganda is if you rev SLOWLY to that engine speed. Alam nyo naman na ang usok sa diesel ay galing sa UNBURNT FUEL.... assuming na walang ibang prublema sa makina nyo.

Here's my advice.... at the cost of the longevity of your mufflers, but not by much..... magpalagay kayo nung pinalagay ko. I bought a 1/2" nipple from a hardware store and welded it to my exhaust pipe, just after the exhaust manifold, in the engine bay. Before any emissions test, lagyan nyo ng detergent solution (some use liquid sosa) and then start the engine! Lahat ng carbon deposit tanggal after 6 or 8 "flushes". Pare sigurado ang linis. You can smell the difference, and of course... no visible black smoke!

The nipple costs 50 bucks. Then buy yung pang takip... 25 pesos, pa install nyo sa isang muffler shop... 150+. So for less than 300, meron na kayong pang flush ng tambutso!!!!!

Downside.... water will make its way to the muffler.... mas maaga kakalawangin. So what? youre bound to replace that thing anyway!:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pajerokid, clarification lang... yung nagrev po ng sasakyan sila nde po ako. tnx

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ba nakakabit yung turbocharger sa exhaust manifold? Saan mo nilagay yung 'gripo' mo? Ayoko kasi ng masyadong mababa, eh. Baka ma-compromise water fording capability. hehehe. Saka baka kalawangin yung added plumbing.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Peeps,
    If you have PDI last October 8, 2002 try to look into the Classifieds section page B9 and you will see a DOTC announcement of the Smoke Emission Testing and a small list of Private Emission Testing Centers or PETC.

Apparently our shop is not yet accredited due to government eck eck....you know what I mean.

Passing rates:
    Non turbo: 2.5 below
    Turbo: 3.5 below

I can email you the test procedure if you want. Drop me an email.

Doc Diesel

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dr Diesel,

Just to make everybody aware, including myself, how high is the minimum rpm for the test??

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Mandatory preregistration emission tests start Oct. 1 in NCR