New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by papa tots
    pero nakapag "tour of luzon" na ako with friends. we covered all the provinces of the island in 1 week, stopping at some popular tourist destinations like the rice terraces, hundred islands, subic, anilao, mayon volcano, etc.
    yan ang gusto ko...leisure, madalas kasi ang byahe ko eh trabaho... may gimik din pero bitin

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sali din ako ha!

Pinakamatagal na drive ko is from Davao-Legazpi-Manila-Pampanga 3 araw 2 gabing byahe kapagod sobra! :D shempre andun na rin yung mga pit-stops saka kain. btw, nasa manila ako ngayon. hahanap work baka may pwede kayo suggest hehehe.

Kimpoy: chong nanung atin king 27 bat ku ken last fri megpa-authenticate kung birth cert. musta naka?

Otep and Glenn: Pre thanks pala sa sa suggestion nyo kung san ako magpapa-change oil busy pa ako ngayon eh pag maluwag na time ko drop by nalang ako sa shop ni Glenn! maganda sana andun kayo dalhan ko kayo nang siomai hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Longest Drive ??

Well I drove 1500KM in 15 hours, from 6am-9pm, I only stop to fill gas, ate in car as I am driving since it is a nice hi-way naman !!

Also, I usually drive Manila-Ilocos and vice-versa, one way in 7 hours at night and it took 9 or more during the day!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    1st attempt Dec 2000, Manila Samar

Left Man 5:00 AM arrived Catbalagan at 10:00AM

mistakes: took breakfast Lucena Jollibee (1hr)
    went inside Naga for Lunch Chowking (2hrs)
    went inside Legaspi to wash bottle for Baby (2hrs)
    arrived Matnog past 8:00 pm and missed Ferry
    Ferry's next trip at 5:00 am

2nd Attempt

Left Manila Dec 24 2001 Midnight Arrived Catbalogan 9:00pm

corrections made: took all by pass roads, no more Naga and Legaspi stops
    Lucnh at Sorsogon, (last town in Luzon with Chickenjoy)
    arrived Matnog at 1:00pm Ferry crossed at 4:00pm

there was this 70km strecth in samar which took me 2hrs to negotiate (moon craters every 4 meters)

Gains: if u can call it, toolfees are waived pag pasko

This Route nalang ang hindi ko pa na pupuntahan in Luzon. More info naman guys we are planning to do it on Summer next year. Paki list down narin yung mga Tourist Spot sa Visayan Region na madadaanan..

So far my longest travel ko sa Philippines. Laguna to Pagudpud via Cagayan Road, Then Laoag to Laguna using Pangasinan Road..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sights to see in samar -- sohoton cave, and a white beach in marabut, which based sa book, they have a tie-up with Letey park hotel.

Summer is the best time to cross Samar, dahil hindi maalon sa San Bernardino Strait (not that so in December, medyo unforgiving sa mga firstimer sa ferry). As for me, next to cross is the island of Cebu and Negros, am still inquiring about ferry schedules on those islands.

I suggest you get this EZ MAP Phil. Road Atlas and Stopover Guide both Luzon and Visayas Edition. Eto rin lang ang guide ko when I went to Pagudpud. What I did, was, list down on a spreadsheet, the towns am supposed to pass and its distance, along with gas stations.

Goodluck and have a nice trip.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alabang - Bacnotan, La Union = around 8 hours (with pit stops and a little waiting for the rest of the convoy)

La Union - Alabang = same trip, on the way back naman. Around 10 hours (more pitstops and a trip to Pangasinan to eat Bonuan bangus) :lol:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Trece Martires to Carmona (during the Makro sale-1997) 8 hours. This usually less than 20 minutes during. Longest driving, but not distance. (Ride Corall '94)

Manila to Laoag City, via Dalton pass-Nueva Vizcaya-Isabela-Tuegegarao-Pagudpud-Laoag - 23 hours with several stop overs. (Ride Corolla '94) I have to take this route because the bridge in Banauang has fallen due to storm. Logs are taken off to the river and hit one-24-ft span of the bridge.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    longest drive(distance) - cavite - baguio
    longest drive (time) - manila- cavite 10 hours (crawl talaga)!!!!
    :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01
    Trece Martires to Carmona (during the Makro sale-1997) 8 hours. This usually less than 20 minutes during. Longest driving, but not distance. (Ride Corall '94)

Manila to Laoag City, via Dalton pass-Nueva Vizcaya-Isabela-Tuegegarao-Pagudpud-Laoag - 23 hours with several stop overs. (Ride Corolla '94) I have to take this route because the bridge in Banauang has fallen due to storm. Logs are taken off to the river and hit one-24-ft span of the bridge.
    master 20vanda01;
    ok ba roads from Tuegegarao to Pagudpud/Laoag? nagpaplano kasi ako ng northern luzon drive this coming december, with some of my officemates. ang balak naming route, yung route na dinaanan mo. manila - exit san simon, bulacan, then nueva ecija/viscaya, isabela, stop-over Tuguegarao. tapos onwards to Ilocos norte via claveria, pagudpud. then back to central luzon, via ilocos sur, stop-over la union... from there, bahala na kung daan pa ng baguio. Sabi dun sa UTP tourist map, meron daw rough roads from Tuguegarao to Pagudpud.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rsnald, nung dumaan ako dun that was a year ago, hindi na ako ulit nakadaan dahil masyadong malayo para sa akin kung umuuwi kami ng Laoag. I can't speak of the road conditions on the Isabela-Tuegegarao-route. Tuegegarao to Laoag is ok. Laoag to La Union route, road is ok, although La Union stretch is not that smooth dahil cemented road na maraming tapal na asphalt, pero p'wede pa ring 90+kph ang takbo.
    Happy Driving!
    and
    Safe Driving.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
longest drive